Ooops! Drop test pits Apple iPhone 5 against Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2013, 06:24 posted on
Can you handle watching what some might consider the top two smartphones in the world getting dropped to the ground in slow motion, with each impact and bounce hideously felt in the pit of your stomach? Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 as it takes on the Apple iPhone 5 in a drop test; which flagship best handles a meeting with the ground...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
65. wendygarett (unregistered)
WHY ARE THOSE NOKIA TROLL KEEP ON GLORIFY THEIR CRAPPY LUMIA ON THIS ARTICLE... PLEASE!!! NOBODY CARE NOKIA ANYWAY!!!
75. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
that's why you have those thumbs down.... LoL
80. windroid (unregistered)
People are just expressing their l920 is mutch better than the crap samsung drops in the market.
177. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this is preuly because there was time when Samsung fans use to bash L920 for polycarbonate body as cheap and bla bla bla and now joke is on them with much more backfire and SGS4 is really much much worst then chinese toys plastic forget about comparing to L920's polycarbonate plastic which is far better and ever lasting
68. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
My Lord, the wole internet is polluted by samesung fanboys! Right before such tests were done, they all used to brag about the "gorilla glass 3" being this and that.... And now after this test they dont care about it because "it will be in a case".... :))
178. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hehehhe correct ask them is KFC better or Mcdonold they gonna answer Apple framed SGS4 GG3 hahahahaha epic
73. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Not as bad as I thought. Luckily case selection is going to be excellent given all the bad attention to plastic vs. metal criticism. I don't advise going naked on any phone. Even if a phone survives a drop test you still want to protect it unless you don't care. My wife's iPhone remains protected and my Note 2 remains protected.
76. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
These drop test are stupid. We all know iph5 will break everytime. And every time they drop the phone they yell. I hate rich kids they wast time & money.
79. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sammy Fanboys eat that!?!!!Slap on your face!
142. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
ouch... have you ever heard anything about a "case" or "hard cover" kid?? why lots of nokia fanboy here??
191. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
sure you need a cover for S4..that ugly plastic S4!LOL! durable huh?! in ur dreams.ROFL!
83. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Shamedung build quality is known thing. This test doesn't show out anything new.
Shamedung knows how to copy and steal other OEM IP. Unfortunately they don't know how to build a good quality devices.
Buy a Nokia Lumia 920 and you can be more cautious about the floor, than a phone!
97. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nokia troll detected!!
101. windroid (unregistered)
Wow, your a wise and perspicacious girld, now go play with your dolls.
146. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
have u watched video dude. u r mad? not accepting the truth.
174. Galax3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 May 2012)
You are so blinded that you can't tell which side got hit first.
182. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
You are the one who blinded i just proved it to you that even with the same high and the same corner Iphone still survived
84. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hmm.........who's next to compete with the Galaxy S4?
Optimus G Pro???
147. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
My N8 of course. don't think about NL920.
NL920 can only fight with other Nokia's phones not with other smartphones because other smartphones scare of nokia.
167. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're right, I agree with you. Ok, just put the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 on the floor, and drop the N8 or the L920 on both of them, and (SMASH), Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 gets smashed into pieces................
YAY! Nokia is INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!
86. roscuthiii (Posts: 2150; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Damn this site is becoming sickening. This place went pretty quick from fans, to fanboys, to just flat out worthless trolls.
98. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Here's a measured better test
103. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Drop analysis. 1st and 2nd drop_ gs4 received no damage
3rd drop d s4 fell on the front edge while ip5 fell on its back edge, so it wud be obvious that the front edge impact will create screen crack. :)
118. Galax3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I can't believed that the people that thumbed you down are so blinded. This test is similar to the one with the beer bottle that Square Trade did back then with the SGS3 vs iPhone 5 and they even aired it on NBC tv.
121. MEeee (Posts: 330; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Even a 6 years old child know that it's not a fair drop test. People using iPhones are really that st*pid?
151. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you should check Iphone 5 vs S3 on android authority.
Iphone 5 fell on the front edge with the same high like S4. But Iphone 5 still survived even without GG3.
I think both of you is the one who blinded because both of can't accept truth that samsung build quality is sucks
169. Galax3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Based on that Androied Authority video.
From 4', the S3 got hit on front corner and iPhone 5 at back corner.
From 5' or ear height, you can't tell if the iPhone is hit in the back first or front because dents appeared on both sides. At that moment, there is no way he can tell if the iPhone front was hit first. All other test has photo details except this 5' test no photo for iPhone. For the S3, he put more force when he released the S3 by flicking his hand away from his ear and the S3 also got hit right at the front corner.
You are such a hypocrite. You should read your own post #42 again.
181. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Just pause or slow the video you will see that Iphone got hit front corner first from ear high drop test,
please stop your stupidity and accept it that S4 build quality suck compare to Iphone
120. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Cmon guys im tellin d truth. . For fairer drops the update has d gizmoslip and both r tie and gs4 is stronger than s3
127. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
S4 survived with minimal damage to screen in that test, drop test are not controlled so don't base off one video, everyone will get different results.
141. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yes S4 is better than S3 but not better than Iphone 5 Even with moreeee durable glass than Iphone 5
192. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
"Cmon guys im tellin d truth. . For fairer drops the update has d gizmoslip and both r tie and gs4 is stronger than s3"---- hahahahaha!really funny dude!you're like a kid begging for attention.LMAO!
115. Galax3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 May 2012)
People here are so blinded and have no common sense. The SGS4 got hit at the corner of the screen on the third test and the iPhone at the back corner.
123. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
No people are just retards and expect glass not to break when you throw it at the ground.
Heres a real tortured S4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
At least it can survive water.
134. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
hey stupid did did you ever hear ''Liquipel'' its nanocoating company just like P2i. It will protect your device from water damage If you're looking to put Liquipel to the test yourself, you'll need to send your device off to the company and shell out either US$59 for a standard treatment that will take a couple of days, $69 for a priority treatment for a quicker turnaround, or $79 for the inclusion of a protective film to provide protection from scratches.
Its just another person paid by samsung or Blind love fanboys because if S4 is really water resistant Samsung will not sign a contract with P2i.
On youtube you can even find the video of Nokia X2 survive from water damage.
If S4 really water resistant Samsung will showing to all of us, just like Sony with XPZ.
Not by someone paid or blind love fanboys on youtube.
And about build quality you can read my post #132
166. belovedson (Posts: 975; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
it's pretty halarious how many people thrash each other for the sake of hating.
every device sucks until its free. no nm every manufacturer sucks unless they pay us to use their device how about that. will that cause peace
183. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Haha stupid idea,
Why don't you make your own smarthphone, I'll use it then you must pay me okay!!!
184. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Keep blaming GG3,
Polycarbonate not the problem but Samsung bad design construction is the problem
194. Fuego84 (Posts: 340; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Can't we use plastic instead of glass screens?
197. Leo_MC (Posts: 963; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Better than S3, still worse than iphone; maybe S6 or 7 would have a chance.
200. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
theres no uniformity in this test, each phone falls on different points on the device. Its a shear game of luck, ever reminding us that cases are important if you got a case of the butter fingers
201. bfuller2006 (Posts: 58; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Who cares....put a f**king case on it and go on with your lives.... If i pay $100 plus for a phone im going to protect it.
HTC Evo 3D - otterbox def
Apple iPhone 4S - Otterbox def
Samsung Galaxy S 3 - otterbox def
samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Otterbox def
HTC Droid DNA - otterbox def
202. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
LG Optimus G vs Iphone 5 vs Note 2