Ooops! Drop test pits Apple iPhone 5 against Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2013, 06:24 posted on
Can you handle watching what some might consider the top two smartphones in the world getting dropped to the ground in slow motion, with each impact and bounce hideously felt in the pit of your stomach? Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 as it takes on the Apple iPhone 5 in a drop test; which flagship best handles a meeting with the ground...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
oh wait did i said L920 won oh yes it has but wait it is not in the test
why these guys dont admit when it is broken its not like its photoshoped their is no shame in admitting if they dont admit drop their own someday like it
56. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Color me shocked, because I didn't make the connection between "Pro Apple" and "Android Authority" until you pointed it out. Thanks for that.
67. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh really Wendy? You serious?? I love this guy, he's funny, he's not a biased reviewer, same as Joshua Vergara (another Android Authority reviewer).
Not like you, always trolling around, posting negative bashing comments!
92. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
paid by apple? Samsung do that!just shut up!hahahaha
94. windroid (unregistered)
Excellent piece of cheap plastic and shattered glass. Buy one and get a free glass puzzle.
149. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait for drop test and destruction test with NL920 dude. Fair inough
4. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
why so many test ... Just place iPhone 5 on floor and Drop Lumia 920 on it...
here it is.. iPhone 5 (in pieces)....
Now do it in reverse order...
here it is iPhone 5 (in Pieces)
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Care to elaborate why lumia 920 can qualify this test? Nobody want to give a damn to it anyway...
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
96. windroid (unregistered)
Replace the iPhone by the samsung crap and the result will be the same.
5. Kurai (unregistered)
oh! it shattered! of course because it's gorilla glass . . .
up next: gorilla glass 4 : 100% tougher and 10% thinner!
then it will shatter again lol
7. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
iPhone 5 : True premium device
samsung Galaxy S4 worlds first phone to feature Gorilla Glass 3.... And to break it as well
32. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Iphone 5 true premium boring device with one year warranty!
38. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
may be ..but it atleast it will work for a year ... what about GS4 ..comes with 2 years warranty ...but spends its entire life in repair shop.... "something is better than nothing"
45. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And of course you know exactly how reliable the Galaxy S4 will be.
And maybe butterflies will fly out of my butt.
69. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
in that case ... i strongly suggest you to approach your Doctor.... before they fly out.... (y)
9. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
funny thing i have fast balled my razr maxx into a wall from 3-8 feet about a dozen times to prove to people they are tougher than the sammies and still only minor dings.
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
S4 was so lucky two times drop on the back, and still there is some people blame GG3.
Blame samsung bad build quality, because other plastic device can still survive form drop test even without GG3
11. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
At d end, it is still a gorilla glass and not a sapphire one hahaha..
Some other drop test in youtube says otherwise when kt comes to ip5 vs gs4 vs gs3 :)
And the comments in this androidauthority artcle say that the drop isnt fair. Lols
I ddnt watch it coz i already watched the gizmoslip's
140. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
haha he said drop analysis but for me it just TOTAL DENIAL.
Read my post #132 you will know what i'm talking about
108. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Drop analysis. 1st and 2nd drop_ gs4 received no damage3rd drop d s4 fell on the front edge while ip5 fell on its back edge, so it wud be obvious that the front edge impact will create screen crack. :)
190. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
excuses...blah..... blah .....blah......ROFLOL
12. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Samsung s4 sucks its very laggy i saw it in the store they need to fix touch-wiz and now the screen breaks great Samsung. it broke damn fast and people where talking about the htc one at least the htc one took many drops to break not like samsung s4 it was damn easy to break.
28. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Please show me that drop test.Where I can see Galaxy s4 vs Htc One!?
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
there is a saying "the biger they are harder they fall"
hahahahaha so much for 5" light weight BS
23. eanpreou (Posts: 19; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
LUMIA 920: b*tch please!! *rolls eyes
24. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
The thinner bezel and the bigger display should make the S4 more vulnerable to shatters on impact.