OnePlus One invitations go out
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2014, 21:43 posted on
The first group of invitations to the 2014 flagship killing OnePlus One have gone out. OnePlus has used contests, given invites to forum members, and is now just sending out the first batch of invitations to those who have expressed an interest in buying the device. Since OnePlus has announced that it would produce the 64GB black model first, that is the version that should be available first, by invitation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think it's kind of weird that they're doing this. What company says, "Okay guys, you can give us your money now. But only some of you. F**k the rest of you."
Maybe they didn't say that exactly, but that's how I feel right now.
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
yeah, it does suck, but, I can always opt for the LG G3, if this does not work out - supposedly, by end of June, we can all get a OnePlus One...
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
networkdood, go for LG G3 it is much better choice! :)
11. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Wow guys look one plus has some invitation . Wait what the heck who's one plus any ways?? Ahh never mind guys lets wait for z3 and note 4 . I've heard they're coming this fall. Who's one plus again?
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So far OnePlus One is just a trololo... :D
23. bataxstar (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Most of you don't understand how it works and why OnePlus chose this but it makes sense from their position.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I understand why they are doing that, but from consumer point of view it is trololo.
31. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
It's because they have a limited supply. They are not a big company and are selling the phone almost at cost. They have to slowly build up their revenues so they can produce more.
2. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Nexus 5 in Red. Sorry Oneplus, too late with this. Stupid invites.
3. Jason2k13 (Posts: 977; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
This company thinks they will run out of stock if they just sell their phones straight away. Too bad without marketing and global release their phones will be collecting dust. What makes it worse is that it's an invite only?
I see a DOA product.
5. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
well, it seems that you do not understand what they are doing - they cannot compete with APPLE, LG, HTC, and Samsung as they did not put any real marketing into the product and instead are using word of mouth and social media and their site. In two years, if they are still around and if they have any profit, they may do things differently. Everyone who has a phone, and that is a few...lol, say it is awesome...
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, still waiting on mine - good news is that these invites lead to 3 more invites per invite, so it will only get better. This batch went to the last contest winners and a bunch of early supporters...
7. GreekGeek (Posts: 1174; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
What good news? There is no good news
To hell with their stupid invites
24. bataxstar (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 May 2014)
They aren't stupid. Do research before writing about things that you don't know about
8. Grenmad (Posts: 21; Member since: 06 Jun 2014)
This whole OnePlus phone is nothing but a marketing gimmick. They wont have enough phones to meet the demand. Why? Because they building just a few and only a few because they selling them at cost. Amazon sells tablets at cost, but they make it up with sales from books, video, music, etc. What does OnePlus have to gain by selling it at cost? Ask yourself this? Gain marketshare with the few they are building and selling? This is just a publicity stunt and that is all. Too bad Cyanogenmod tainted their reputation by pairing up with OnePlus. I like everyone else was hyped to get this phone at first. Not now. I am done with this gimmick. I am gladly paying more to buy an LG G3 or Galaxy Note 4 or any phone that is in stock and available when I wish to purchase it.
32. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
Why are they selling them at cost? If you had any business and marketing sense, you would know why. They are a new company and do not have the name recognition of the other big players. No one would try the phone if it was $650 like the other flagships. At $300-$350 people are willing to try it out. Once they get some market penetration and develop a good reputation and trust, they can begin to start charging more.
9. mdroid (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
oneplus change their moto from "Never Settle" to 'Never Sell'
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's hardly even worth the effort to comment on this fkkk-d company. They are just scammers. Real companies take pre-orders and make phones.
33. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
You are just pouting because you didn't get invited to the party :)
34. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
You are just pouting because you didn't get invited to the party :)
13. Barracuda (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Feb 2014)
Me and 3 of my mates were interested in this phone, but the way they are selling the phone is crazy, we all already bought different phones now, what's the point of making a cheap great phone if they make only few of them? and make potential customers feel like beggars.
this has really back fired on them, you only have to read the comments on their own facebook page :-)
15. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
One Plus-One is a company that allegedly wants to sell phones but don't allow anyone to buy the phone unless you are invited by them to buy one. So I suppose they will end selling just a few or less than 100 phones...
25. bataxstar (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Not true. They have already sold a few thousand phones
17. Totse2k15 (Posts: 387; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Lame [a]ss invite system killed my interest. Will use my saved money on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 instead.
21. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I gave up on this company a long time ago, the OPO software is glitchy and their marketing is a fail.
26. bataxstar (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 May 2014)
The stable version of CM 11S will be out soon and it will be running very smooth.
22. NixCholas (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jun 2014)
I'm still interested enough, but wanting a invite is killing me!
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Find7 has better build, same specs
29. dubzgb (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
Seriously, I think you're all a bunch of idiots!! The people who bash their invite system and way of releasing this phone. If any of you have ever tried to start a business or compete in an already established market(i.e apple,samsung) you would realize that your probably pissing away money....These guys are not "pissing" away money by starting out with a business that will mass produces a product on the hopes that everyone will buy it, and if you haven't noticed their price is amazing and doesn't leave a whole lot of margin for profit. I appreciate their approach and believe it is the smartest way to go about it. I want a opo and am willing to wait till I can get one. I work in the restaurant industry and understand that people will wait for "quality" product... this is not a mcdonalds ready in 1 min world.
30. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
However OnePlus One bashed other companies a lot and now can't deliver the goods. They should have kept their mouth shut, now they have few allies (not that I could get it anyway, they won't support my carrier).
35. luvshiv (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
If Anyone wishes to buy OnePlus One 64 GB Sandstone Black Global version ( Please note its OnePlus One 64 GB Global Version), then Please feel free to contact on +919819799592.