OnePlus One camera samples compared to Nikon D3100
0. phoneArena 21 Apr 2014, 03:28 posted on
The OnePlus One is one upcoming phone that has somehow managed to steal all the hype in the past few days with its grandiose promises…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This is what I'm talking about! Can you do this PA? I'm impressed with the camera of OnePlus One, and yes it uses Sony's sensor. They managed to use Sony's sensor full capabilities! I hope my Z2 will get better and better with updates!
27. sergiobr (Posts: 542; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I doubt this photos came from a smartphone ! No EXIF data. They´re better than Nikon sometimes. Neither my 808 comes closer. If that´s real, no need to use Wp. Bye 1020 ! And Sammy will buy Oppo.
44. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
If the photos are genuine, then it does mean that Microsoft Mobile's camera advantage is essentially over.
I do wish some more Android phones would have the shutter button. Some of Sony's phones have the shutter button which I find easier to use than a volume button or tapping the screen.
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2836; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Image#5 & 6... there is a alot of yellow ting in oneplusone's photo... over all it is a good camera, atleast they have utilized sony's sensor better than sony do
2. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Whoaa... OnePlus looks better in low light in my opinion. Way to Go...
19. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1078; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Of course it looks better in low light, whoever made this couldn't even focus properly with the DSLR, and a good camera is only half the story.
22. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
Not to mention that all the pictures are made with macro mode. Otherwise it has impressive image quality, but we should all wait for a proper comparison.
29. Sharky (Posts: 194; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
That's because the person was using auto mode on the DSLR, so as to make the comparison more even.
These photos are from a OnePlus forum member that won a photo competition. He was comparing the Find 5, 1+1, and the Nikon 3100. You can see all the photos here:http://forums.oneplus.net/thre
He didn't mention using auto focus in the OP, but he did mention it later on in the thread.
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Whoooaa OMG amazing! Hey PA, you should also use a DSLR in your comparisons.
25. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Wait until you see the picture you take with your new Z2 :D
34. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You'll love it esp the battery life :D
36. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah, one reviewer (Btekt) said it can last 2 days on moderate use. Is that really true?
37. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh yes. I use it pretty heavily and still can last me entire day. When I put it on charge around 11pm It's usually around 30% and I take it off charge usually around 6am.
38. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
WOW that's great to hear! Especially after my N9. It has a weird battery. It can go down from 90% to 4% after 2 minutes of use in under 15 centigrades. Then, when I leave it in my pocket for about 30 minutes it suddently has 40% of battery lol. I guess that's not how a battery is supposed to work :)
39. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Wow. That sure is a weird battery haha
4. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
I just can say one word... Gorgeous!! maybe colors are over saturated and a little touch in white balance is required but in real life the photos looks absolutely stunning!! O my gosh! with google camera app macro or bokah affect is nothing to worry about... and in extreme low light the One Plus one looks better!! imho.... A 400$ phone can do this job!! my next phone for sure!! I am sooooi glad that I didn't but the nexus 5 last week :-D :-D
5. TisaTsir (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
so I am impressed by this phone... it's performing very well in low light. s5 and z2 be ready should be fearing for their dear lives.
6. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Z2 should be... though I am a Sony fan, I can say that. if I were Sony, I'll be really worried!! :3 the s**t5 will pass this because their intelligent marketing tricks. but Sony is inn a fix man!!
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Just if Sony could market their other products like the PS4, they wouldn't have to worry. But no :(
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 836; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
like i said... with plenty of light, almost all phones from 2013 and on wards, look the same. The only exciting thing about this phone for me is the price.
8. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i wonder there is a trick in nikon one there is a O focus thing(center focus)
remaining side is blur its a effect .. i cannot say this as a true comparsion but one samples are good though
10. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
how about a future comparison with the Lumia 1020?..
18. sip1995 (Posts: 1287; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
It won't be a future comparison, cus nothing else comes close to Nokia Lumia 1020.
28. sergiobr (Posts: 542; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Did your hear about 808 ??? By wp ! 1020 Is just a cameraphone and One + is a true android phone. If those photos are true ..
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
OMG, that's freaking amazing! Just look at the details, and the colors are saturated as well! I would also like to see how this stacks up against the big brothers (Z1, S5, One M8, G Pro 2, Find 7a, Lumia 1020 etc.) in this aspect.
12. aayupanday (Posts: 553; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
OnePlus One samples look a hell lot better than the D3100
13. yash1992 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
They need to work a bit on the macro focussing, i guess it can be rectified via a software update.
14. JMartin22 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Even those low light shots seemingly had quite a bit of light in them, just saying. And without a reference photo, we can't tell how accurate the phone really is in portraying the real life details. We just have to trust that the more capable sensor and image processing in the DSLR is closer.
15. mokhtar (Posts: 389; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
can i say this is the best camera i have ever seen in a smartphone ( with 1020 ! ) ? maybe , but the camera is awsome , it's so weird to see a company use sony camera lens .. and sony by it serlf can't make a camera like this .. i didn't test z2 yet , i think the camera is so awsome , but no like that .. waiting for camera comparaisons
16. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, these are beautiful, images has less brightness than DSLR as I think it captures less light in daylight but overall they are just great.
Atleast with 1+1 we can now say that Chinese companies can give good pics.
17. RandomUsername (Posts: 781; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Wow... How come they are making better pictures with a Sony sensor than Sony itself?
23. deewinc (Posts: 204; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sony always lags behind in optimization. Samsung did the same with S4.
24. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
warmer and more saturated is what i see in One plus One..
26. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Looks like a new top dog for a smartphone.
The 1020, is a hens tooth in the grand scheme of things.
33. sniper1087 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Might be but phone is invite only so not many people will have it until the next big phone comes out which might be the note 4 or the oppo find 7.
32. p51d007 (Posts: 128; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
I NEVER trust photos published by ANY manufacturer. If I want a more realistic "how it will be in the real world", I'd wait for it to be released, then wait til a PHOTOGRAPHIC website, such as dpreview.com takes a look at it, along with REAL photographers reviews.
Any manufacturer is going to use 100% ideal conditions (lighting, wind, tripods), then you know they are going to "tweak" them a bit in post processing. That's why I wait for a reliable source, USERS, not manufacturers.
40. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
That's a bottom of the line Nikon digital SLR. You can probably pick one up cheaper than they'll offer the phone.
41. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Not to mention the type of lens that was used on the SLR...etc
42. swordmaster2551 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
1+1 amazing in low light but D3100 is way better in high light/outdoors
47. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lmfao... they're mostly macro shots which virtually any camera will excel in.
48. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Still much noise, but the color & low light shot are great
50. Clerigo (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
OnePlus One has an amazing camera. The Sony IMX214 sensor is very good.