One step closer to the future of medicine: urine checks arrive to smartphones with Uchek
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2013, 09:45 posted on
"Everybody pees, and everybody carries a cellphone." This is the motto behind Uchek, an app that uses your phone to test your urine and can alert you early about kidney and/or liver issues…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 869; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I wonder how many people are going to pee on their phones after this app becomes available.
18. ZeroCide (Posts: 708; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Every single phone user will do it just to see how it works. They are going to smell like R Kellys's sheet. pisssssssssssss!!!
7. ibap (Posts: 719; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Even the cat in your pic is smarter than that. And I'm guessing you're typing on glass - no caps or punctuation.
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
pee app?uhh!? how about STD app?,,,
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I thought we were supposed to pee on the phone when i first read the headline!
"Is a pain on your lower abdomen hurting you?
Do you feel the need to pee everytime?
Do you need to quick check your urine?
Then here's a new app here for you.
Don't worry, just pee and you'll see"
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well something like this was overdue after news of health aids coming on S4.
11. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Ah - we finally have a use for this thing called "iPhone". To be pissed on by sick people.
Can't wait for iPhone-proof fecal checks.
13. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
is it just me or the video has absoluetly nothing to do with the article ? The video doesnt mention anything about the strips to pee on, its about anemia !
14. donfem (Posts: 572; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Pissing directly on your phone should solve the problem. I guess the phone should be piss and water proof.
15. Assa7inKing (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
No !!! i wouldnt piss on MY UP COMING XPERIA Z but i can on the iCRAP that my dog has.....
16. Stuntman (Posts: 826; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
About a year ago, I read an article about capacitive touch screens and how they are sensitive enough to analyse saliva samples. You can spit on your touch screen and an app can theoretically analyse it for illnesses. When I saw the headline, I though it would do the same for urine samples. Then, I read the article.
17. sun0066 (Posts: 92; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
not expensive , you may go to an online retailer ( amazon ) and look for urine test strips and there are plenty very ship