One step closer to the future of medicine: urine checks arrive to smartphones with Uchek
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Feb 2013, 09:45
"Everybody pees, and everybody carries a cellphone." This is the motto behind Uchek, an app that uses your phone to test your urine and can alert you early about kidney and/or liver issues…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reluctant_Human posted on 26 Feb 2013, 09:43 2 0
I wonder how many people are going to pee on their phones after this app becomes available.
18. ZeroCide posted on 27 Feb 2013, 19:44 0 0
Every single phone user will do it just to see how it works. They are going to smell like R Kellys's sheet. pisssssssssssss!!!
7. ibap posted on 26 Feb 2013, 09:56 0 4
Even the cat in your pic is smarter than that. And I'm guessing you're typing on glass - no caps or punctuation.
5. Nathan_ingx posted on 26 Feb 2013, 09:50 0 0
I thought we were supposed to pee on the phone when i first read the headline!
"Is a pain on your lower abdomen hurting you?
Do you feel the need to pee everytime?
Do you need to quick check your urine?
Then here's a new app here for you.
Don't worry, just pee and you'll see"
10. rusticguy posted on 26 Feb 2013, 11:45 0 0
Well something like this was overdue after news of health aids coming on S4.
11. ilia1986 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 11:46 1 1
Ah - we finally have a use for this thing called "iPhone". To be pissed on by sick people.
Can't wait for iPhone-proof fecal checks.
13. tech2 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 11:59 0 0
is it just me or the video has absoluetly nothing to do with the article ? The video doesnt mention anything about the strips to pee on, its about anemia !
14. donfem posted on 26 Feb 2013, 12:07 0 0
Pissing directly on your phone should solve the problem. I guess the phone should be piss and water proof.
15. Assa7inKing posted on 26 Feb 2013, 16:20 0 0
No !!! i wouldnt piss on MY UP COMING XPERIA Z but i can on the iCRAP that my dog has.....
16. Stuntman posted on 26 Feb 2013, 16:24 1 0
About a year ago, I read an article about capacitive touch screens and how they are sensitive enough to analyse saliva samples. You can spit on your touch screen and an app can theoretically analyse it for illnesses. When I saw the headline, I though it would do the same for urine samples. Then, I read the article.
17. sun0066 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 19:17 0 0
not expensive , you may go to an online retailer ( amazon ) and look for urine test strips and there are plenty very ship