One more try: Apple and Samsung hold final patent settlement talks today
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:41
CEOs from Apple and Samsung will reportedly speak to each other today, in a last-ditch effort to reach a settlement agreement before the trial goes in front of a jury...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ricodroid posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:43 5
well .. it seems this bull**** series is getting over ..
10. tedkord posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:27 4
Wishful thinking. This will be in appeals for years. Not to mention all the new suits to come after.
25. snowgator posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:27 2
Sigh..... Unfortunately, I can't find one stinking reason to disagree with you, tedkord. That really depresses me.....
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:46 7
All that overtime billing.... At $750/hour. Lotsa attorneys making coin off this lawsuit.
Hope Apple and Sammy can settle this. Just not holding my breath.
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:50 0
There's no compromise possible, this is turf war no1 wants to concede.
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:56 7
Only rarely does a jury vote entirely for one party. If this goes to the jury, expect a mixed result (Apple wins some and Sammy wins some). And the damages will be mixed as well. This could be a really muddy result that neither Apple or Sammy are happy with. This is what judge Koh is stressing to Apple and Sammy - cut a deal that you control, rather than have a deal cut for you that you don't like.
13. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:38 2
Problem is both sides think they'll win more than lose, and both sides want to hold high moral ground.
We all know that wars are bad but they happen still, and very often.
26. snowgator posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:32 2
Common sense, Doug?? During the Patent wars? From THESE two monoliths? If there were any of that to be found, we would never have gotten to this point and would still have no idea who Judge Koh is.....
29. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:50 1
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
3. Hammerfest posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:49 4
Remember folks, Samsung's $14 per device is nothing like the $30-40 per device Apple wants, and yet Samsung's requested amount is "ridiculous".
18. structureman116 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:51 3
Not to mention the fact that supposedly, without Samsung's technology, criphones would be an overpriced paperweight and not just an overpriced smartphone!
6. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:07 5
in my country indonesia, there's a local cellphone company named NEXIAN which stands for "Next Generation" they have an iPhone clone called Nexian Magic, the design of that phone is 90% the same as iPhone LOL, i wonder how it was going to be like if apple see this phone
lol what do you think about this ?
7. quakan posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:11 4
They're just not seen as a threat in Apple's eyes, but if this company starts making some real traction then you can expect a lawsuit. I doubt they ever will make any real traction though.
8. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:14 0
oh seriously i laughed until i cry after i saw this phone for the first time......it sells for $170
17. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:49 3
Why is every-1 Xeroxing iP4 design? It aint all that. Even SONY phones
look much better than iPhone4. Rectangle with ugly curves.
If you look at the Concept iP4 italian or the German designs, they
are all Edge2Edge design; Slick. Stylish. Modern. Contempt. Looking
piece of Art.....
9. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:20 0
Is it the kind of settlement talk where Tim Cook sits down, looks at Kwon Oh Hyun and says "How about a magic trick?"
11. tedkord posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:32 4
More likely its the kind where Tim Cook looks his opponent right in the eye, and says, "Alright, in the name of peace, I'm authorized to up our offer for your 3g patents from one tenth of a penny per device to one fifth of a penny per device, if you agree to pay us $30 per device for our shapes."
12. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:33 1
at first I wanted this to end, but not anymore as this will carry into the phones making them more competetive
15. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:44 0
Gallitoking is that u.... Aha another acount?
16. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:48 1
yes is me.. just chillin not trying to troll, just killing time until I came back from being limited lol
20. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:56 2
i new it was you! Where is Taco? How come hes, he dosent post! LMAO "not trying to TROLL" Its a bit booring with out you and Taco commenting, along with your other convoys. How is you?
22. gallitolimitededition (banned) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:05 3
Taco is not limited so we will hear from him as for me I am doing well getting to come back on Thursday hope you are doing good as well
24. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:23 1
Im cool Galli.
30. good2great posted on 20 Aug 2012, 15:03 1
what up G?
yeah its been pretty lame in here with you TROLL remixfa Snigg and Taco limited...
good to see you all slowly coming back...
31. OptimusOne posted on 20 Aug 2012, 22:02 0
gallito, are you really an apple fan, or just an android fan trolling...
it would be funny both ways
19. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:52 1
Jesse Jackson to the rescue!
On a serious note, appeals are probably on the way.
21. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:58 0
I wish, hope they settle this instead ov knowing the out-come!
23. Savage posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:23 2
Haven't they sat before and tried to negotiate before numerous times? And that didn't achieve anything.
27. Scott_H posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:36 2
Yes, they have. The working hypothesis here is that as it becomes obvious that neither side is going to win everything they want that there is more pressure to come to an agreement, as going before a jury could (and probably will) result in a ruling that neither side is particularly happy with.
28. Savage posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:46 1
So one is actually winning over the other. Neither side can stop the growth of other. All it's coming down to is compensation.