One Apple iPhone 4S gets stolen twice in the same day
0. phoneArena 26 Jan 2013, 22:55 posted on
The Apple iPhone and Apple iPad have become such an attractive item for thieves to steal, especially in New York, that the taking of another's iPhone or iPad has become known as "Apple-picking" and in New York City, crime would have been down for the year if not for crime involving the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad; here is a story about an Apple iPhone 4S that gets stolen not once, but twice all in the same day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chistoefur (Posts: 103; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Lul who wants an iPhone 4s anymore? I mean, I don't want to sound like too much of a hater, but I'd much rather steal an s3.
2. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
well people dont know. anything with an apple logo on them is worth stealing...i guess. if i was stealing phone for a living, i wouldnt even steal an IP5. smh, stealing a 2 years old phone oh US
6. corrifa (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
Not quite sure how the iPhone 4s is 2 years old...
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 2143; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Why would you steal an android device if they are handing them out for free here from any US carrier?
11. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Off contract featured phones are worth $400-$500
21. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
You can't afford an Android phone, cause there's new phones coming every 6 to 9 months, unlike iPhone once every 18 months, so look whose poor...
25. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Apple releases a new flagship phone every 6 months.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Have you heard of water-diamond factor?
water is so important to our life, we will die without them, and why nobody steal it? Simply because it's mainstream...
whereas the diamond, it is gimmick, and as useless as a brick... Why the thief still steal the diamond? Go figure
18. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I bet a diamond would buy you a year supply of water, but water wouldnt buy you a diamond. Its all supply and demand. The supply of water is more than the supply of diamonds. Same goes for anything. Yea it might not be the best handset out there but its still a great handset. And a thief is gonna try to make a buck anyway they can.
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I hate to burst your bubble but S3 owners aren't as feeble-minded as the 16,000+ iVictims bopping around NYC asking to be iPhone raped by rosy-pink sneaker-wearing thugs.
1. If you're stupid enough to steal something and, then
2. Limit your ambition to steal to an outdated smartphone, while
3. Wearing PINK thug sneakers, then
4. Your life is as pathetic as the outdated phone you so unambitiously strive to steal and your pink-sneaker-wearing thug-@$$ belongs in jail. But, gives thanks to our legal system because you'll be on the streets again in two weeks (making thug babies)!
22. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
PAPINYC man where the hell do you come out with these dialogue, you really take the piss and bash Apple, +1 from me!
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 17550; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What an intelligent statement that was. And u r trying to sound like a hater.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 17550; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Look on gazelle, Craigslist, eBay, etc. you'll see that iPhones consistently command the most money model for model. iPhones hold their resale value better than any other phones out there... It's just a fact, not bashing anyone. Stealing and reselling an iPhone on the black market will command much more money than an s3.
39. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
1) Just cause you own a particular phone does not make you smarter.
2) Iphone has a much higher resale value than any android device.
And before someone starts trolling and calling me an isheep I currently own and use an S3, motorola maxx hd and nexus 7. I may not agree with darkjedi on a lot of things but stop hating cause someone is right.
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
haha that's the biggest fail he should've sold it online or something
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
no Mr thief!! Don't!! I'm innocent!!! Nooooo!!!!
Back to the serious parts, when you think the thief is bad, that doesnt mean the girl is totally right... You got stole once, should be more cautious tho... Not being careless twice :)
either way, they won't steal mine tho, considered my iPhone4/4s are shattered, one I dropped it on purpose, and the other one I bought it shattered-made, come catch me if you can :p
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Baah? Meeh? :)
33. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You...you didn't read the article did you? Can you even read? As the days go by I am becoming more and more convinced you can't.
8. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
People take iphones cause they are easy and for simpleton's the average clueless joe's people who have no concept of technology.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
They only care bout the brand not the phone plus u can't do lots with the phone. Itheif.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 17550; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
People take iPhones cuz they r valuable as heck and go for top dollar on the street. I think u r clueless as to what's valuable and what's not.
10. jameshoe (unregistered)
they should setup some security system on every smartphones before they sale it out
13. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
People steal iPhones because of their high resale value .
Besides why you people hates iPhones like they killed or raped your mom anyway .
But if I'm a thief , I would steal iPhones and use the money I got to buy a HTC 8X , I ain't running around with a stolen handset
14. rav405 (unregistered)
I would rather i steal a nokia L920 instead of an iphone......
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lumia 920 is a hammer, the user will knock you down until the blood coming out if you intend to steal tho :)
16. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
he want the cash because he wants to buy a note 2, :) , and the other guy was trying to get the new cromebook
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thief exists because they're poor, I don't think they will buy any of the devices... Whereas the other guy? IPhone 5 here we come!!! :)
19. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
If I was a thief that resorted to stealing in the park the last thing Id do is spend my money on a phone. Maybe a thief kit so I could steal something more valuable... Like twinkies. Headlines "THIEF HIEST OF THE CENTURY THE WORKD SUPPLY OF TWINKIES ARE GONE" suspect is ********* ***** who is selling 10,000 twinkies for a billion dollars.
24. tedkord (Posts: 8308; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It takes a special kind of scumbag to steal from a kid. Hope both go to jail and get lots of loving.
26. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Itheif are idiots. Just glad i dont own a iphone they are targets for itheif
27. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Living in NY I know those sneakers had to be pink foamposites which go for about $220. If you can buy foams I dont see why you have to rob someone for an iPhone. Most people here who even have foams also have iPhones. And no offense but that girl should no better than to walk around prospect with that phone in her hands. Its a messed up situation but you should know the area you're in at all times.
37. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Just think of it like a pet. If you cant take care of your pet its gonna either die, runaway, or get stolen. Well same goes for a phone if you cant even take care of it the Im guessing its better off stolen and you learning your lesson. Humans arent so smart as to learn from others they learn from mistakes.
32. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
"And if it weren't for "Apple picking," crime in the Big Apple would have been down for 2012."
Heard it here first folks. apple's novelties directly contribute to higher crime rates. Garbage company is garbage,
36. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
So according to your logic dollar bills are contributing to all the worlds problems because all crimes are rooted from greed and people wanting to make a buck. Good job billbuttpounded. I understand the world now.