Once again, Apple Maps is called "dangerous"
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2013, 20:42 posted on
Apple Maps, once called life-threatening by Australian police, is now called "dangerous" by firefighters in the same country because of problems with the FireReady iOS app that is used to report wildfires in the country; the app is forced to use Apple Maps but the firefighting group, Country Fire Authority in Victoria, says that Apple Maps is giving inaccurate information...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Equilibrium (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Definitely dangerous, but at least they are not putting the blame solely on apple maps and suggesting the users use some common sense.
Google and Nokia maps will be the most advanced free mobile navigation apps for some time still.
14. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Thats the result of being selfish instead of putting nokia maps on fireapp.. the default maps is apple maps which very bad in navigating..
Sorry but i have to blame apple not the fireapp itself
3. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
That is more than serious! This is matter of life and death.
4. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I live in the US in a major city. I just give the address..and assume the police, ambulance or fire engine knows where to go. For the most part they do...they must use some type of GPS device in the vehicles. Or must be familiar with the area.
Am I missing something? Who are these ppl relying on Apple Maps locations instead of just giving street or town names?
5. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Pathetic Apple has to use Google Maps cause they don't have their stuff together.
Innovative? Ha ha!
10. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Apple isn't using them, currently Apple is using their own mapping application. The Google Maps app is available for use through the app store, in case you didn't know.
6. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
New warning label...
WARNING: Any affiliation with Apple--whether using their devices or being a fanboy--is hazardous to one's health.
12. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I would think it would be more dangerous to your health to be an Android fan extremist that focuses more on Apple than Android. That excessive stress and excitement can't be good for anyone's health.
It doesn't make sense to proclaim your hatred for Apple but yet read and comment on more Apple articles than anything else. It's like you like getting worked up and bothered. It's clear that there is overwhelming majority support for all things related to Android on this website from commenters, so then why do Apple articles generate the most comments from you all? Me personally, I don't click on stories I'm not interested in. Maybe you all should follow suit.
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 4457; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Uhmmm...no. Apple still sucks. When they stop sucking as a company the bashing will stop.
19. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
How about you mind your own business and stay on your own track. Don't jump on my track or anyone else's.
You're talking to someone who does not GAF. But you go ahead and keep wasting your superior typing skills.
P.S. -- Apple and its customers make me a sadist :-)
7. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
"You're reading the maps wrong."
8. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
this is to blame for the developer of FireReady app. they know that Apple Map is a mess. why should integrate the map to the app?
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because iOS directs any app to Apple Maps. Without jail breaking, you really have no other option.
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I think not just maps APPLE as a company is dangerous ...
15. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Simple. Switch to Android or Windows Phone and use Google Maps or Nokia/Here maps.