Once again, 3D sensor manufacturer PrimeSense denies that it has been bought by Apple
0. phoneArena 17 Nov 2013, 11:34 posted on
For the second time this year, a rumor from an Israeli publication called Calcalist reported that Apple had purchased PrimeSense. And for the second time this year, the alleged suitor shot down the rumor. On Saturday, the published report out of Israel had Cupertino based Apple paying $345 million for the company that developed the technology that is used with the Microsoft Kinect system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 14130; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple just admit you plan to use air gestures lol. No biggie.
6. tedkord (Posts: 6232; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Then we can listen to all the rabid Apple fans who called air gestures on the S4 a gimmick and stupid scream from whiplash as they suddenly decide its the bees knees. Especially over at BGR.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 14130; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not this one. It's useless on android, it's useless on iOS.
7. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Air Gestures are literally useless. And no, I'm not biased against Apple on this one. Even when the GS4 was released I saw that it was a gimmick, the type of thing you show to your friends once and turn it off, never to be used again.
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1455; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They wouldn't be such a gimmick if they worked better. Scrolling and hand gestures are hit and miss on my Note 3, same as they were on my S4, and you have to use the Samsung browser for the scrolling, which sucks.
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
@ 8. Napalm_3nema
You DON'T HAVE Note 3 iBoy. Nice try to fool us though. (old iTrick)
Well , we know that only Apple can make it "right" and "just work".
So take it easy, and go back to your cave.
11. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
You are not....... what?
Remember what you said?
"Yep, I'd rather have a working phone with no updates than a broken with with updates...(unlike the iPhone 4/4s and iPad 2)"
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2606; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Really? Well I dont own s4 or note3 but I have tried this feature and it work fine, no problem at all... may be those people having problem, cant use it properly... I remember my university time class mate who studied with me for 4 years but he was never able to operate MS word, so should I consider MS word a gimmick just bcoz some people has learning difficulty disorder
13. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Just commom Israeli stock tricks.
Better ask about Apple's "liqid metal" magic-purchase. LOL
18. Ashoaib (Posts: 2606; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Samsung should file patents for air gesture, motion slide, simultaneous shot and other features which it introduced in note series
2. stealthd (Posts: 1014; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
That doesn't exactly sound like a denial. Sounds like it could happen but the negotiations are still ongoing.
3. mturby (unregistered)
Apple needs someone like Jobs, Tim can't Cook good.
12. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Apple, Now You True Samsung Followers :)
16. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
3d sensors??? thats is Big Gimmick :) Apple Only Buy Inovations, Not Create Inovations :) R.I.P Apple Iphone :)