On the eve of its unveiling, more Samsung Galaxy S 4 pictures leak
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 00:11 posted on
Hours before the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S 4,some fresh photos of the Android flagship model have leaked, and it is the same GT-I9502 model that is heading for China; among the features on the phone is the eye-tracking Smart Stay that stops and starts a video based on your eyes, and a feature that lets you hover above the screen for previews using your finger...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
69. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
why be mad? they always improve with each device. Think of it this way, the next time you upgrade, you can get an even better version.
112. E.N. (Posts: 2218; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
True, but I bought the phone with the idea that the SIII and Note II, were two separate lines with a discrete set of features. Now it feels like I have a giant SGIII/SGIV
20. Derekjeter (Posts: 141; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I truly hope these are fake cuz as much as we complaint about apple and the same desing of hardware we are gonna have to take back our words.
21. galanoth (Posts: 161; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
How do people say this is just like the iPhone 4 and 4S situation.
Those two phones looked exactly identical in every way.
Holding them side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart without turning it on.
The Galaxy S IV borrows design from the Galaxy S III but holding them side by side you'd be able to tell they aren't the same phone. (Bigger screen should be a dead giveaway)
67. sbw44 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
At least the IPhone 4 and 4s looked better than the s3 and felt way more premium!
The same with Nokia, people loved the n9's design so they used it more!
People at first did not like the GS3's design, so why use it again if people said it looks and feels cheap?
Stupid move by Sammy, but will prob sell millions
22. umadddd (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Why are people saying this design is ugly? The S3 was ugly because the bezel at the bottom was bigger than the bezel at the top but that's clearly not the case with this design. It's probably what the S3 should have looked like but regardless, this design looks good in my eyes.
23. tiara6918 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Atleast the design looks better than the s3...
30. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Yeah. SIII is too ugly. and SIV is little ugly. :(
26. takay0 (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
looks ugly and cheap.... AT LEAST THE BEZEL IN A GOOD SIZE lol
76. rgxVOiD (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Lets just hope that it's cheap so I can buy it
32. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
it looks like a bigger s3, which i understand is worth emulating as that was the phone that put them in the driver's seat. but pretty underwhelming just the same. might as well just buy a chinese knock off for 1/4 the price with a quad-core MTK processor and same RAM and storage.
I hope it at least has the cool different colour LED functions you can assign for different contacts etc like the Optimus G Pro (which the BB had 3 years ago).
I guess I can't blame them for not wanting to deviate from their most successful design ever, and the bump in processing, RAM and screen size is notable, but really overall I was hoping for something more inspiring.
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5478; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ugh, yeeup, this is probably it and what a disappointment it appears to be in the design aspects. this will definitely hurt Samsung. might as well be the Galaxy SIII+ or Galaxy SIIIs...oh well, i'll still be tuning in to the live stream tomorrow.
68. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5273; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if Apple has patented the S version release concept? If so, Sammy has got a potential problem....
I have to agree - if this is what Sammy is going to release, it is quite underwhelming.
71. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3642; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I hope this is the refreshed GS3 that was rumored a couple days ago and not the S4.
15 hours until the event, let's hope Samsung listened when everyone called out for a better design.
34. DHILLON_ARSH (Posts: 66; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
hope its the s3 plus...not s4
okay even if it'z the s4 i don't have any problem with the design but that fcckn cheap quality low grade plasticz pisses me OOOFFFFFF....
35. SMR_NDA (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The design is not premium alright, specially when u put it alongside htc one or lumia 920, but one has to appreciate the fact that it enables Samsung to produce in bulk with minimum chances of manufacturing defects.
Also, the removable back cover provides easy access to battery(thus increasing theoretically the longevity of the phone) or the option to change it when it becomes scratched.
37. rahimamj (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
if this is going to be S4 its a big disapointment..for design
38. chongbh (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Ugly as usual from Samsung with crap plastics, nothing new about Samsung design.
40. MartianMe (unregistered)
let's make a statement and not buy this phone until they give us a better design.
42. xenover (Posts: 171; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Well, to be honest I find this design quite nice but nothing special indeed. It kind of looks like the s3 but doesn't. It resembles the note 2 highly but still not quite the same. To me, the performance matters a bit more than the looks. Nevertheless, it's still a Galaxy S phone and the truth is, it will still probably sell like hot cakes around the world. People complained about the S3 design too, before they had a chance to actually fiddle with the device. Then everyone loved it.
43. ghostnexus (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Just as everyone was disappointed with the looks of the S3. I'm waiting for either the Motorola X Phone and the Note 3.
44. supa_dupa (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Ugly, plastic...the "new" look of TouchWiz is major letdown...
hTC One, here I come...
57. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yes so you can judge the whole ui from those few screens...please don't judge a phone before it has even come out yet...
45. cnbcnet (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
If this is a real S4, I would say "Samsung, you are really an ignorant designer", really lacking creativity. On top of that, I swear I never buy a Samsung made smartphone anymore.
46. Mghazisohail (Posts: 23; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
i really dont like the same thing happen........samsung doesn't even live up to it's words "THE NEXT BIG THING"..........i think the difference between the s3 in designwise is only its size, home button and it's camera placement
47. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
who ever buy this phone is an idiot if is this is the real desgin because this desgin is the same old boring cheap desgin samsung needs to know who is boss and learn to listen to there customers and give there customers what they deserve we paying big money for it. this is not right what samsung does they make cheap desgin because they want to make more money they only care about them self. samsung know that all the idiots out there that will buy it even with this super ugly cheap desgin thats why they give up on working on qulaity insted of making more money show them who is boss and don't buy this phone.
49. rahimamj (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
if this is S4 then i perfer HTC One design... bec his design make him something special...
50. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
these are just photos of the i-9502.the chinese variant.hopefully the international version would look different.
51. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I hope this is not the S4...smh!! Cross my fingers ...
53. 2oozoo (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
am not mad about the design what am mad about is those ADS , where that little squirrel talking about how gorgeous the phone will be , so if this actual design of the S4 i will sue sammy for those ADS :)
61. kboo1995 (unregistered)
is samsung really that stupid?
even though i am not a samsung fan ,i don't think this ugly phone is the S4
sasmung well surprise us with a different design
62. wando77 (Posts: 252; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Matte back and front facing speakers and this would be perfect
65. roscuthiii (Posts: 1706; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Mazel tov! It's a phone.
I'm still on contract for another year so either way, means about as much to me as a baboon's inflamed red behind. The only thing that matters (to me) is performance and function. The "ooh!" factor (which really translates to, "Look at me, look at me! Isn't this cool?! Doesn't that make me cool to then, by association?) is for hipsters and the immature. Possibly immature hipsters?
81. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Do they come any other way? All the hipsters I know live at home with their mommies and daddies LOL
70. Sentient6 (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
It looks like it's made out of plastic bucket. :(
73. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
same old stuff from samsung, nothing new. not curious after watching the pics at all. same boring story. nywaysss cheers for htc, a better looking one.
84. rejaz (unregistered)
Disapointed.... not going to buy this cheap s**t......... i ll wait for HTC One.
90. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It looks beautiful and proportions are perfect.
And the frame is stainless steel.
Two thumbs up, Samsung
120. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lmao your such a fanboy idiot
first all were saying same must change the desgn they need to focus on premium quality etc now that it looks like its not the case you change your tune and say its fine. and you have the cheek to say apple fans accept anything the company throws at them
now back to you, the most delusional samsung fan around, get help you no nothing on design and are so blinded by your sad love for samsung you will praise anything new they throw at you
well done you are one of the most blinded trolls around
91. mydi.maus (unregistered)
looks like the same as GS3 NOTHING NEW..
99. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Plastic. Plastic. Plastic. Not surprised, if I was an Android user, I would be going HTC.
101. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
If this is the real S4 then good luck sammy :D.........coz ur gonna need it.
103. moe53 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
nothing against samsung, but i thought it was the s3 hope this is not how it looks
104. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Is it me are it looks the same as s3....if this is it boring just like iPhone...
107. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sad...not suprised...., the leak is making me to a bad mood. :(
108. martinlosha (unregistered)
Who cares about the design, this phone will be the best android phone out there for sure....
Only sausng knows how to make money out of Androi.
109. doejon (Posts: 306; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
in my opinion it looks great and batter than the s3
110. mholeydroid (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Hopefully this isn't the s4 and just the s3 plus or something like that.
113. apiskula (limited) (Posts: 441; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Who in the world is going to buy a blackberry with this amazing phone. Thorsten your done! Close the doors!
115. anjel1708 (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
I see more people hating this than like it. I still and will always believe that a flagship phone needs to be about quality.