On the eve of its unveiling, more Samsung Galaxy S 4 pictures leak
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 00:11 posted on
Hours before the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S 4,some fresh photos of the Android flagship model have leaked, and it is the same GT-I9502 model that is heading for China; among the features on the phone is the eye-tracking Smart Stay that stops and starts a video based on your eyes, and a feature that lets you hover above the screen for previews using your finger...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DaveyJE24 (Posts: 54; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
A Little late on the pics. MobileAdvances . com has had this up for awhile now.
27. AnTuTu (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Please don't tell me this is going to be S4 :(
28. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Just like me, is everyone unhappy about this purported desing of s4?
121. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The sides remind me of a certain HTC :) hahaha
nwk.1d/i/tim/2012/05/15/HTC_Ev o_4G_LTE_smartphone_35182267_1 6_610x459.jpg
59. AnTuTu (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Mate Sammy introduced flexible displays they are 1000000000 times more capable than this design and device. So please don't say that :(
92. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It actually does, just the usual design trolling here, the S4 will rock based on the leaked specs. What good is a stunningly gorgeous HTC One if it does half the video playback time oh and you can't even get one?
The reason this can still be a fake is 1) I don't think Samsung is giving away final design to average ppl. before revealing the product first, only test usits which differ exactly for leaking reasons. Final versions get out before release which is a few weeks from now.
2) One picture on the screen-close-up shows pixelization pattern suggesting the resolution is lower (much lower) than FHD. You can pretty much mimic everything from looks to faked system information to faked benchmarks, but you can't mimic a FHD screen.
96. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Plus if those pics leaked from Korea, it woud be more likely.
Sammy is not an Apple.
114. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
"Video playback time"? I wouldn't say that the HTC One was no good because, the Samsung G IV may have a slightly longer video playback battery life.
94. flipjzn (Posts: 187; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
How? It looks almost the same as s3.
How do u show off urs is newer?
117. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Errrr...not sure if you are being sarcastic here , but it looks exactly the bloomin same to me mate
83. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I really want to like Samsung's phone. Their flagship is an all rounder. But I don't like the S3 design. Not to mention it's also used in NoteII and S3 Mini.
Nevertheless. Most of the people I know uses a case (flip case) with their S3 and Note2. So I don't think the overall look will affect Sammy's fans from buying S4. I think the Display is what matter most to them rather than the build.
86. BattleBrat (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
*scratches s4 off list* OK! HTC One, Moto X, and iPhone 5s (if all else fails) are now my prospects...
88. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
The bitter truth is haaaard to accept.
Just go on waiting for your cheap-looking S4! :D
106. tech2 (Posts: 2580; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Dude, just stop trolling all Samsung articles already ! If you 'hate' Samsung, then why come on their every post and call it with 'absolute certainty' that it is cheap-looking ? BTW, not everyone puts design above specs !
You seriously need to get a life, man ! Grow up
93. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I don't think it is the final one mate.
What are the things on capacitive buttons and near sensors?
They look different to originals and something is not done
I think it is just one of prototypes or fake model from Sammy to surprise us :)
I don't believe Chinese source this time since I believe the real GS4 is in Korea and US by now.
There is no reason that the first final GS4 version is in China
105. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
this is just a prototype. visit this page-
118. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Im not impressed with the S4. Other than the internal specs, its not enough for me to regret upgrading the the S3 in december of last year. Cellphone technology has started to plateau and thats not a good thing
2. flexile (Posts: 77; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Remember the ad of the GS3 were they made fun of Apple by saying something like: "If it looks the same, how will people know that I upgraded?"? Yeah, it kinda happened now to Samsung. lol. To be fair though, it do differentiates a bit more from GS3, unlike iPhone 4/4S.
6. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
it looks somewhat different from the sgIII, but it looks near identical to the note II. I wouldn't be surprised if they combined the Note and the Galaxy Series
7. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
so rumors about the desing are real? OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hopes are diminishing for S4
18. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Well im dissapointed by this design its about 95% same as gs3 and using last gen gpu well im waiting for tegra 4 phone then
24. Alberto.GM (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sammy with this phone is kind of following apple steps about te design, if this is acutually the real S IV I hope de next Galaxy S flagship suffers a total redisign or all the phone world will be really disappointed
3. Alberto.GM (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think that despite the fact that it´s specs will be awesome no dude about that, some people really care about the design and that sort of premiun feel, if Sammy don´t pay attention in this kind of stuff he will loose potential clients
72. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Watch out Samsung, Apple is going to sue you for reusing your design. That was their thing.
79. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Haha! How could your comment get so many thumbs down,its bone of the best I've seen in ages! The ammount of times using those ctrl functions has saved my life in work is funny!
I'd be disappointed if the s4 looked exactly like the s3,although I don't think it will. I think Samsung has sent out fake cases over the right internals to keep the design secret. The beauty of android is though if manufacturer did an apple and release the exact same phone design twice I'd have plenty of top other android handsets to choose from. I have been using a Htc one recently for example and its a class bit of kit
5. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
hope this is not the S4......
one thing in my mind is, how the hell that Chinese guy got this phone???? how???? how????
8. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Remember Goophone=iPhone5Type?? anything is possible in China.
82. pwnarena (Posts: 1005; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
because china has been hacking the world for trade and military information. if they can hack through the US, they can easily do that to south korea.
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Looks like Goophone already done copied the S4... Looooks like S3... Not good Sammy. :(
119. akki20892 (Posts: 3708; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yep........but it's a S4 we can't change now........!!!
12. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I'm a pretty die-hard Samsung fan, and even of this phone has a 5 inch AMOLED screen, which I doubt cause this phone has poor viewing angles or just not enough brightness. In either case, if this phone indeed turns out to be the GS4, I might as well get the HTC One... :/
13. voxmarc (Posts: 320; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
notice the floating images....no touch?..hover.
77. iushnt (Posts: 809; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Xperia sola is different.. It uses front cam and it doesn't work similar to hover..
15. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
who cares about haters ..... i ll definitely buy s4
16. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I don't care if it looks the same. It's all about the specs. Everyone hates Sammy because of this, not even considering the actually hardware and software. They're all acting like booty bruised stuck-up 10 year olds.
48. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Would you spend top dollar for a butt ugly car with great mileage? Would you spend top dollar for a beautiful car with terrible mileage/specs? There's a balance
56. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
So you really think Sammy's phones are THAT butt-ugly? Be honest for gods sake. You and everyone else just try to find the dumbest excuses to hate on the big guys now. It's what everyone did to Apple, now Samsung cuz they got popular? That's just freakin stupid.
66. sbw44 (Posts: 424; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Well samsung made fun of apple when they didnt change their designs but now when samsung does the same its now all of a sudden OK?
Give me a break, you say its all about specs? what benefit does a quad core processor give you over a dual core?
Why would people want to make excuses? Samsung plain simply makes ugly phone's!
74. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
They make plan ugly phones? Tell that to the likely 10 million people that will buy the phone within the first month. It's all matter of opinion. What you and I think are in two completely different ballparks.
85. pwnarena (Posts: 1005; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
yeah i'm telling you now they make ugly phones. though not all of what they made are ugly. i like the galaxy wave design.
111. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Are you stupid? I was using two extremes to make a point. I never said Samsung's phones were butt-ugly. I personally think their designs are OK, neither amazing nor terrible. Just OK.
And I own a Note II so now you can STFU.
64. bayusuputra (Posts: 947; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
if it's all about the specs, then the Optimus G Pro and HTC One could be better than this, too.
It's all about being an all-rounder, bro.
80. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Never said this was better, fact I love LG and HTC. I own an LG phone actually.
17. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
sammy disappoints me if this is the real S4...
25. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think its fake coz sammy never uses a transparent notification bar as far as i know sammy only use black bar
19. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Looks exactly like my Note 2 with much better internals, screen and camera. Time to upgrade based on personal opinion, its simple, if you don't like it, just get HTC One, Xperia Z or LG optimus G pro.
39. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
To be honest, I'm kinda mad that this phone is so similar to the Note II. Features like the hover with the Spen are among the reasons why I bought the Note II, and now there's a better implementation on the SIV since you can use your fingers now, smaller form factor with a 5inch screen, much better internals, not to mention that the pen is actually pretty useless. If Samsung continues with the Note line after the SIV, I definitely won't be buying another one