Old HTC Butterfly updated to Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5. Droid DNA to stick with 4.2.2 until KitKat arrives
0. phoneArena 29 Jan 2014, 06:56 posted on
Owners of the original HTC Butterfly, released in early 2013 running Android 4.1, can now enjoy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Sense 5.5 UI. It remains to be seen if the handset will also be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yesterday. Was a story on the XL and X+ getting 4.2.2.
It's coming as per HTC.
5. Hyperreal (Posts: 164; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
htc one x and x + will stay on 4.2 unfortunatelly. but its nvidias fault. they abandoned one x's tegra support. at least they have sense 5 already.
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3274; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
They are currently being updated to 4.2.2 in the States & it has already been confirmed by HTC that that is where they will forever reside.
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
500mb? Quite huge. I'll be downloading it soon. Thank htc for supporting this device
4. dorianb (Posts: 506; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
On the VZW DNA getting 4.2.2. I'll believe it when I see it.
(To clarify. The DNA getting 4.2.2 when EVERYTHING else is two updates pass 4.2.2 doesn't count. :Glares @ HTC & VZW:)
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 883; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Glad Htc are supporting the Butterfly range and the DNA, after all, they started this 5inch HD1080P display with 2GB RAM madness in late 2012.
8. suradipray (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
No "Dual shot" and "Panorama +" mode in camera app and also no "Blinkfeed on/off" option which are the wo most important features of sense 5.5.