Official Sprint video showcases Galaxy Nexus with Google Wallet
While it is a great primer for those new to the concept of NFC, what we are all excited about is that it features the Samsung GALAXY Nexus on Sprint. The device will support the carrier’s upcoming 4G LTE network and obviously, unlike the Verizon launch of the GALAXY Nexus, will come with Google Wallet right out of the box.
Sprint did not confirm any specific dates or timeframes, but many are assuming and hoping that with this kind of marketing material being released, a launch may be right around the corner.
1. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Hmmmm to re sign with Sprint or not?
My 56GB months say no.
But my horrible .01 mbps at my house say yes.
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2506; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hate how carriers have to be so secretive. My friend he wants to upgrade but his choices are phones that are all 6+ months old. If you arent literally releasing it within the next 2 weeks, at least tell us WHEN so he can decide if he will wait for it or just get something like a 4S. Gees!
3. threeline (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
You would think that would give a release date for a couple of reasons:
1. The phone is already out on another carrier, so Sprint is not shocking the industry.
2. To keep people who are now contract free to leave to another carrier Sprint could atleast temp them to stay with "Hey, we are releasing the Galaxy Nexus on such and such date."
Sprint knows they need people to re-up because their selection of phones are dated and only the SGII is worthy for me to even be considered. I want the GN because I want speedy udates for once.
4. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Don't count on any specific release dates, Sprint still has one major problem with having any LTE phones, and that is because they don't have LTE yet
6. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i just want a phone that isnt on sprint i really dont want people thinking i have sprint....thats why i got the GSM version.
7. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
@Alantef: So you don't want people thinking you have Sprint? Somehow I'm thinking us people will get along out here just fine whether you have Sprint or not. Of course I could be wrong and the knowledge of you having a phone on Sprint could be the catalyst to nuclear war or an intricate piece of the Mayan calendar.
8. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
because Sprint is a crap service when i lived in Cleveland and now in Orlando i have my phone out all the time (in plain view because of my job) and i always get asked the same question....is that sprint!?....F*** no it isn't....not saying anything about anyone who has sprint but i always hated sprint from back in the days when i used to work at radio shack as a teen......also STFU