Official Facebook app for Windows Phone updated with new UI
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2013, 12:48 posted on
It seems like today is a big day for apps being updated with redesigned user interfaces. Skype for Android has gotten a UI overhaul, and Microsoft has unified the look of OneNote across platforms. Now, it looks like the official Facebook app for Windows Phone has also been updated with a brand new UI...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Did you all get the update? I haven't. Will I get it if I have a Windows 7.5 device?
12. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I was abt to ask the same thing. Well im on 7.8 . There shouldn't be any reason why we shouldn't get it though. Hopefully they got the chat thing fixed.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You have to wait a very Looooooooong time
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Looks nice! Can't wait until I get my hands on the Samsung ATIV S Neo!
5. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I would go for a Nokia, but I have Sprint who apparently doesn't like Nokia or WP8.
21. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
akki what's wrong? it's his choice,...
maybe he prefers Samsung,..
maybe he prefers higher specs, better updates ((since Samsung is the best in terms of updates maybe he always wants to be up to date.))
22. Alexander_K (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
We're talking about WP8 devices and you say Samsung is the best.... Hello? Where have you been? Samsung can't compete with Nokia on Windows Phone... they are too afraid to even try.
33. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
they are too arfraid to try.
Hmm, if Samsung would care for WP or see any true profit from it, they would be able to compete with nokia or even surpass it. If they would take for example SGS4, change the design a bit, make it ouf of kevlar or glass, like nexus 4, put S800 in it, AMOLED and start marketing and nokia will have some serious trouble. Microsoft also asks for too much money to licence WP, android is freaking free(open-source). The only reason why Nokia is leading WP is that no-one else gives a damn about WP.
36. Alexander_K (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
For one thing you're right Samsung can't make profit from WP. But it's not because it's a bad platform but because they tried with the ATIV S and they failed miserably. And also Nokia makes profit from WP. It's easy to say you don't give a damn about something when you've failed, it's a great excuse. If you make a device for a platform it means you care, so Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Acer, Dell - they all cared enough, they just failed to compete with Nokia. Deal with it.
25. lorenzattractor (Posts: 67; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
They are better with updates with Android, but not with Windows Phone. Nokia releases updates faster on WP than any other OEM.
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
dont know why PA hates WP so much.first they say UI is same as in android app then they say UI is sucks.really?
7. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Which is why I usually go to WP Central for news about Windows.
34. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'm sorry, could you explain that again? I'm having trouble understanding how it comes off as "hating WP" to want the official Facebook app to have the Metro UI rather than the Android UI.
6. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 204; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Hey PA! When you post using this app will it say "via Facebook for Windows Phone" still?
9. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
It seems this update is unavailable for my wp7.8 again. Never WP no more!
13. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Im on 7.8 to using an HTC Radar . You don't think were gonna get it . Why shouldn't we??
17. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Cause that's how it's been ever since WP8 was announced. Despite their promises, WP7 users are being left in the dark. Almost every app that's announced or comes with an update says that the app/update is not available on my phone, not available in my area, that I might need to update my phone, etc.
Sorry mate, but Windows phone just lacks severely in app support. I kinda liked it, but it's these kind of things that drive me nuts. I'm done with the platform.
23. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
to all of the WP 7.5 and 7.8 users it will be coming soon.
29. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Ya I guess the workaround for now if you want full functionality is just going to the mobile website on the browser.
31. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Discovered it's missing some stuff too. Lol Like I said always something right.
30. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Ya I guess it's always something right. I actually even was surprised there was no battery percentage status app untul I found a homebrew one that works on current unlocked phone im using. I still like WP better then Android etc overall right now due to ease, no app crashing, & better battery life.
32. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
True, that's why I'm probably going for iOS soon. All the apps, no hassle. At least that's what I'm hoping for...
10. papss (unregistered)
So I thought the Facebook app was done by M$? Whatever, I'm just glad there is good support on the platform
28. volcano (Posts: 273; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its done by microsoft, microsoft and facebook will work together on the next verion
14. Landmarkcm (Posts: 481; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
ebook-for-windows-phone-8-updated-windows-phone-7-update-coming-soon.There seems to be a gap between wp 7 & 8 Not good for those on 7.8 show some better support Microsoft to those supporting wp
15. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
The new Facebook UI is so much better now. Much needed improvement from what I'm experiencing right now!
27. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Yeah yeah yeah, it sucks that there's less swiping to get to stuff, but we finally have a facebook app on par with Android and iOS! I'll take that any day.
35. profperez1 (Posts: 52; Member since: 08 May 2012)
I have the Nokia 822 and the update for FB is great. As mentioned in many articles-----it's laid out like other OS's. The live tiles are really nice. Easier to push.