Off-contract MotoMaker Moto X drops to $479.99
1. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Nice... If only they offered a 64gb version for somewhere around US 599.00, I'd definitely buy one... 32gb just isn't enough for my rather extensive music/photo collection.
Still... Easily one of the most innovative and beautifully engineered smartphones to be released in years.
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1233; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Drop another $150 and I'd probably buy one.
3. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
...Drop another $130...and I'll go get the NEXUS 5! MOTOROLA really, really, really blew it this year with the overblown hype on a phone that we all very much wanted...until the OFF-Contract price came out with the Mid-range specs on this Xphone...TRAGIC.
4. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Apparently not, they increased their market share.
5. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I really like it, and honestly the price on that phone should have been around that price range at launch if not much cheaper.
I just hope Verizon gets Moto Maker in November like it has been rumored. I really want to get my girlfriend one for Christmas and be able to customize it for her, because she really wants one.
6. Doakie (Posts: 1931; Member since: 06 May 2009)
That's too bad. I wonder if this is in response to poor order numbers and in an attempt to keep the employees working. They should have launched this service with support on all carriers simultaneously, that would have created significantly higher interest.
I just picked up a Note 3 because I love huge phones. But I recommended the Moto X to a friend of mine; the deal breaker for him was the lack of built in Qi. So my friend is waiting on a Nexus 5. Motorola definitely had some missed opportunities.
7. Netolic (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Motorola getting desperate..if they madean micro sd card slot, then ill switch my lg g2 for a moto x
8. sgodsell (Posts: 3478; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
In Canada Fido (Rogers) is offering the Moto X for $450 off contract.
9. JunitoNH (Posts: 1691; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Too expensive, this needs to be around the price point of Nexus devices. Moto, have better learn soon, or they are going to be the next HTC.
10. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
The specs don't bother me as much as the mediocre camera, Motorola has always had the worst cameras, lower spec phone with small battery and crappy camera is kind of tough
11. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
They have the same problem as blackberry (blackberry has more) ... They are way expensive for what they have to offer.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Kinda too late Motorola got my Z1.