Odd looking Sony "selfie" phone features rotating camera
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2014, 21:38 posted on
Sony has recently released the Sony Xperia C3. With its 5MP front-facing camera, the phone is being labeled as a "selfie"-centric handset. While this model is new, another "selfie" model from Sony could be on the way. An odd looking device with the Sony brand has been the subject of some photographs. This might be the oddest looking device we've seen in some time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wilsong17 (unregistered)
How many of you are going to buy a phone just for a camera
5. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I want one, lol. The design looks kinda strange though. It seems... quite thick.
But I'm actually interested in both the design and the camera.
6. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I would, I am trying to find a mid-range Android phone with solid camera. I don't care about other specs, because I am planning on buying a fast high-end tablet.
18. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
I would, but not this one; waiting for the Lumia 1020 successor...
2. Remmy (Posts: 111; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Looks like a bottle of perfume! Bloggie successor? :)
3. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
looks like a fancy perfume bottle to me.
7. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The odd moment when there are bunch of hot girl photos, but PA had to put the phone on the thumbnail instead.
12. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Um... I'm not too sure about that. We had quite a few articles with a girl on the thumbnail.
I feel like this selfie phone just looks so strange it can draw more attention than the girls. But who knows? xD
19. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Er... There's a young lady in over-the-top makeup trying to look like an underaged girl, but failing miserably due to her size 10 feet...
9. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
The design looks a lot like Lumia except the odd camera on the top.
20. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Edged Lumia rip-off; best looking phone from Sony in years! :-D
10. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
too much space wasted for the sake of aesthetics. if they made that rotating part opaque, it could have boused more components and made for a bigger battery of made that rotating part smaller.
13. UnlimitedSkye03 (Posts: 79; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I think it isn't a phone, Xperia branding is missing, like what Remmy said it might be a bloggie successor that clings to a girlie perfume bottle look. They could put android in it though.
14. ebubekir26 (Posts: 313; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I prefer a Nokia N8 over this phone, why are people trying to make 'selfie' a religion?
it's not even that important, I hope this stops,
16. theguy2345 (Posts: 1177; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
The selfie craze it out of control. People go places and instead of doing anything, just take selfies. Go to a party; don't dance, take selfies. Go on vacation; instead of admiring landmarks and going to attractions, all they do is take selfies. It is getting really annoying
17. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
That's sad that they take selfies during the whole party or the whole vacation.
I am one of those who enjoy selfies, but it never takes more then a few minutes. One minute should be plenty.
21. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
I don't mind so much what people do; the Japanese have been seeing the world's great sights through a camera lens for decades, without attracting animosity. It's the fact that social media allows people to share these blatantly superfluous snapshots with everyone, and there seems to be no way of steering around them for the rest of us, short of technological exile...
15. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
In the 6th picture, it looked like the girl was holding a glass with cocktail.
22. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
are you sure it's a phone? isn't that just a camera?
23. smallworld (Posts: 481; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It's not a phone, it's a compact camera called Sony KW1 and it's the first to use a curved sensor.
24. 1701nino (unregistered)
This is a joke,anybody who buys this piece of glass is self-centric japanese girl.
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Okay... so if I end up buying this phone because I like it, it will turn me into a self-centric Japansese girl. Wow. That's amazing. Even the most advanced doctors in the world can't do that.
26. sulre (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
On SAR they say it´s not actualy a smartphone, it´s some kind of compact camera....
Should be the 1st camera feature that curved sensor...
28. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
And people say Samsung creates weird phones. You haters take it back
29. Remmy (Posts: 111; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Sorry but this isn't a phone, it's KW1 or the selfie-centric camera. :)