Octa-core Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ coming soon to AT&T?
Android Central received a few photos that reportedly show an AT&T-bound Alcatel One Touch Idol X+. There’s no word on when the carrier intends to announce the smartphone, but “soon” is probably a good guess.
While the original Idol X+ was released running Android Jelly Bean, it’s said that the AT&T version will have KitKat on board at launch. That aside, the handset should be the same as the one that we’re familiar with, offering a 5-inch 1080p display, 13MP rear camera, octa-core 2GHz MediaTek MT6592 processor, 2GB of RAM, expandable internal memory, and a 2,500 mAh battery. You can find out more about the smartphone by reading our Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ review here.
1. Heatfan316 (Posts: 431; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
This is going to have horrible battery life :/
But I still like this phone.
14. Adrian38 (Posts: 131; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Why would it have horrible battery life? With those specs, seems like it could get pretty decent battery life. Especially since it has the MediaTek processor.
2. Neo_Huang (Posts: 441; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Not bad, considering it will probably be quite reasonably priced.
5. Doakie (Posts: 1262; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wouldn't it be awesome if this was released for AT&T prepaid for less than the Nexus 5? That would be an excellent replacement phone if it was reasonably priced.
6. fzacek (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No software support vs best software support. I'll take the Nexus 5...
4. fzacek (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Octa-core MediaTek processor means nothing. MediaTek processors suck in comparison to Qualcomm processors...
7. Neo_Huang (Posts: 441; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
According to the benchmarks the 2GHz MediaTek MT6592 is just slightly below the Snapdragon 800.
10. fzacek (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hmmm... I still doubt it has the quality of a Qualcomm processor...
12. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What quality? They are both made on the same silicon?
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
As well as the program of how, when, where the Cpu should alter and float along with integer