OUYA to be available in retail June 4th for $99
0. phoneArena 31 Mar 2013, 19:51 posted on
OUYA's Android-powered gaming console has been something of a phenomenon. It's Kickstarter fund reached its goal extremely fast, surpassed the goal by quite a large stretch, and has been using the extra funding to attract big name developers like Square Enix. Word has it that Kickstarter funder consoles have already shipped, and now we know when the console will be available in retail...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TattooedMailman (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
Does anyone know when pre-orders will ship. I heard three different release dates. One for kickstarter backers first, pre-orders second, and retail last
4. dok2005 (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
if you are a kickstarter backer one you should had got a notice about tthem sending out in waves. they will send you a email as soon as yours is shipped.
2. garuden (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
I wonder if it'll have the stock android's interface. Would be cool if I could use it as a secondary PC too..
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ill wait for nvidia's project sheild
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
This better use a tegra 4 or nobodys going to buy it.
6. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
It's based on Tegra 3 and won't be taking any medals as a dedicated gaming console. However, it might be used in place of a Roko or Boxee, because it does support Hulu and Netflix...
It has some virtues, as it only costs 99.00 bucks, and it may appeal to the independant game developmer crowd. However, this device is gutless, and has no hope of surplanting the PS4 or the next version of xBox.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yes, let's use a brand new CPU in a machine designed to sell for $99. That will work flawlessly!