Motorola DROID Specifications | Review
Thanks to Michael F.
1. laceejay (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Oct 2009)
Did you have to accept the OTA update, or did it do it on its own? I haven't had to accept any updates since the update to 2.0.1.
2. SamTime (Posts: 253; Member since: 07 Nov 2009)
Most likely it hasn't been pushed to you yet. Otherwise, you can just check for updates yourself. I forget the pathway to do so.
3. numberonenygfan (Posts: 211; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
settings, about phone, system updates. I havent had anything come across my droid either... and i work for vzw... this is the first ive heard of this update, from what i understood the 2.0.1 was supposed to have that improved batterey life update...but hey if it makes it even BETTER then check for it using that pathing ... will prob. take a few days to get out there from the day it was released but its worth a shot!
4. crappypunk (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
what's your 5 and 2? I want to look you up in outlook :)
5. big_red_loyal (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Jan 2010)
verizon wireless completely denies there is an OTA.
6. markj73 (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
THey never sent me the 2.0.1 had to install it myself, maybe someone can post this... since it seems I don't get updates for some reason...
7. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
The 2.0.1 was released in phases. Not everyone got the update at the same time. Google and Verizon did a good job on this matter. Releasing it phases keeps from all Android phones from being updated all at once, putting strain on the network. (Like Verizon would have to worry about their network anyway hehe)
8. big_red_loyal (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Jan 2010)
I see I got a minus for my post about VZW showing no updates rolled out. @MotoMobile just sent a tweet saying, "For DROID users asking about an OTA update, we have not released a new one since Dec. update. Pls visit our support forums if having issues!" Now, I'll sit back and wait for all the minus votes to come rolling in. I'm not trying to be difficult, I would love an update, like yesterday!
9. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
yea there hasnt been any update for a while. even if it were released in phases, it doesnt take over 3 days to do so