OTA updates are coming to the HTC EVO 4G, EVO Design 4G, and Samsung Epic 4G - adios Carrier IQ?
0. phoneArena 19 Jan 2012, 15:30 posted on
Recently, the HTC EVO 3D received one for itself that removed Carrier IQ from the device, and based on that, it seems fitting that the same thing is happening to these three smartphones. If you look below at the first bullet under each device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I have the Epic 4G...and its the only one that desnt get an update for "battery life"....That sucks!!!!! Oh well,....just gives me more reason to upgrade...I wish I knew when the G-Nex was coming out...I dont wanna settle with Th GS2...if the G-nex will be coming out soon.!!! SPRINT< GIVE US THE RELEASE DATE!
2. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
That is probably something HTC developed for their own phones..
3. Sdubb3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I just did the update this morning on my Evo 4g. Did a quick look around and noticed the Sprint Zone app icon has changed and the Market is now version 3.4.4. I downloaded and installed the CIQ detector app from Lookout Labs and it said it was clean.
4. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
My Epic 4G hasnt recieved any kind of update. :-(
5. daniel82tx (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
I am just going to wait for the Samsung galaxy 3