OTA update brings Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note II features to original phablet
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 12:39 posted on
With the Samsung GALAXY Note II awaiting its launch, the original Samsung GALAXY Note remains quite relevant for the time being, even more so now that an OTA update has been sent out to the International model giving the phablet some of the features belonging to the Galaxy S III and the GALAXY Note II...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hateftotti (Posts: 195; Member since: 03 May 2011)
This OTA update will have more new features than ios6:))
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I think Android already has more features than iOS even the future one
12. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Just can't keep apple off your mind huh? So explain to me wha super features that android has that ios doesnt. Keep in mind I have a one x in my hands right now, so don't try to speak to me like I don't know android. Ok fanboy, start naming.
17. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
- NFC connectivity for quicker and faster sharing of information and payment systems
- BLUETOOTH (it's pathetic that iPhone isn't compatible with other devices)
- HEAVY customization and personalisation
- Widgets; instant information without having to launch an app
- EXPANDABLE storage
- Alternate keyboards
- 4G speeds
- Installing non-market apps.
...To name but a few. Would you like some more?
19. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
NFC, not really relevant right now
Bluetooth, that's a phone feature, not os feature bit iPhone has Bluetooth, just not what you wan
Heavy customization, so sloppy widgets. You got me there.
Storage expansion, that's a device feature, not a software feature.
Keyboards, ios keyboard is one of the best.
4G, see next iPhone.
Non market apps, jailbreak the iPhone.
So you really proved nothing. Keep trying.
20. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
LOL, you're so right. With the exception of 4G speeds, everything else is blehh
22. frydaexiii (Posts: 1429; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, anything that the iPhone doesn't have isn't relevant right now. iFan logic.
Sloppy widgets? The closest thing you guys have to widgets is a weather scroller and 2 dumb little buttons that let you post to FB & Twitter, and Android has sloppy widgets?
And since Apple designs both software and hardware, yeah, there's still no expandable storage, and never will have it.
And Android has one of the best keyboards, and Meego has one of the best keyboards, and WP7 has one of the best keyboards. It's about personal preference, and right now, if some one didn't like iOS's keyboard, they're stuck with it.
Jailbreak iPhone, not approved by Apple, deems warranty void, irrelevant to this argument.
Once again, iFan logic at it's best, iRationalizing.
25. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
You have failed hard in your post. You dont own a one x thats for sure. Because you sound like a moron. He proved your wrong on 3 things and you just took it to a personal preference battle.
Get off Apples NUTS and get a real phone.
13. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Dude, even Android 2.1 has more features than iOS 6
14. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Start naming, don't tell me about your beliefs, show proof. I just wanna know since most android loyalists believe it's such a complex os.
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1429; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Integration with MOST Apps without Apple having to integrate it for them.
Able to browse certain sites and download things of them (Mediafire, etc.)
Select a default apps to do certain task (E.g I can set my default browser as Dolphin or Chrome, so it doesn't keep switching back to safari everytime I open a new tab.)
Ability to choose between using Plug 'n' play or via file transfer software when transferring files. (Yes, that includes iTunes, hell, we had AirSync even before you guys.)
A proper notification bar. (That's right, Apple can't even steal it right.)
PROPER Turn by Turn Navigation. (I know Apple has a new crappy Maps app, it'll probably take them years before they get it right.)
Better apps (No, I'm not talking about fancy games which kids play. I'm talking about proper productivity apps, like Tasker.) So we have both most of iOSs games as well as better productivity apps.
And this is all without rooting. Haha, even while jailbroken, iOS can't do half of these.
24. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Your turn now troll.
Use facts not opinion. Show proof. Show your beliefs.
Please please please don't try to reason that just because iOS cant do it that its not a relevant feature.
I wanna know why your such a loyalist. Name 5 reason why iOS is so great.
Don't try to speak to me like i dont know about iOS because i have an iphone in my hand right now.
Ok troll. Start naming.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10443; Member since: 14 May 2012)
10 hours later and Tre-Nitty hasn't responded to your comment. Guess he's still looking for an excuse.
2. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I think i have this one...
Ive downloaded it few days back mine is running at 4.0.4
5. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
6. 23nikki1 (Posts: 46; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Man Samsung is awesome. S ii was great. And note is awesome. My next device would be definetely samsung one...may be note ii
11. danzelchaar (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
will the galaxy s2 get something like this
15. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
what does this mean for AT&T users? will we get the update and if so will it be before 2013?
16. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Like that they're getting the new Nature UX launcher
18. luxalon78 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Wifi-direct. You owned a htc one x. You should know what im saying. Even with some devices without wifi-direct, you can use tap pouch as well, which also let you transfer any file that you want with speed 2.4 to3mb per second.
Android user only use bluetooth for connect wireless headset. But no more any others features.
I wouldnt say that android have more features than ios. But in reality android already can compete with ios. Which was more friendly use to all user without a ton of limitation.
21. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Soooo what about us non international AT&T Note owners?
27. hardiksal (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
When will the update hit india ? :( and phone goes upto 48c while browsing net when phone is on charge ? is it nrmal ?