OS 7.1 updates are on tap for Verizon's BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850
Well folks, its CDMA counterparts in the Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850, are also on tap to get the updates very soon to OS 7.1. In fact, there’s nothing different with the updates that Verizon users are getting, but in any event, it’s undeniably great to know that this one is in the works. For those curious to know specifically as to what it all entails, it features the following:
- Device will no longer repeatedly indicate that new software has been installed.
- Device will no longer reset while connected to a charging source.
- Device displays the correct wireless service provider while making calls or sending text messages.
- While in a global roaming condition, connect to a previously registered CDMA network without experiencing lengthy search periods.
- Improvements in home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
- No longer experience delays in audio reception or unexpected call termination.
- Improvements to audio quality during playback for audio files downloaded using the V CAST application.
- The zoom in and zoom function on the browser application renders the page properly.
- Device now supports Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot (MHS).
So far, there’s no exact word on when the software update will be rolled out, but we’re betting that it’s happening very soon, especially when the information regarding it can be found on Verizon’s web site right now.
source: Verizon (1 & 2) via CrackBerry
1. corporateJP posted on 06 Jan 2012, 19:08 0 0
LOL @ the sarcastic smiley behind the device picture.
It looks like the smiley is saying "Ha ha...Blackberry is a sick joke".
2. Armor posted on 07 Jan 2012, 07:10 1 0
I currently own the torch 9850 with a different carrier. I have never had any of the issues listed in this article. My torch has performed great. Unless you have used a NEW blackberry device and know what you are talking about don't comment. I have had several people use my new torch 9850 and they say WOW this is a blackberry. Some of those people have left Apple and Android to switch to blackberry. So dont knock it until you have tried it. This special feature called Siri that apple has is no big deal. Blackberry already has an app that is very very similar.