OPPO exec confirms the Find 5 specs: 5" display with 441ppi pixel density and S4 Pro, all in a 6.65mm chassis
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2012, 09:20 posted on
Sacrifices will have to be made somewhere, if this thickness is uniform throughout the chassis (no humps and bumps on the back), and it seems to be the battery, as a 2500 mAh unit is cited, whereas a 5.5-incher like the Note II already houses a more generous 3100 mAh unit, for example...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I will believe the claimed specs once the phone ships.
13. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Looks like those awesome speculated iPhone5 renders. It's what the iPhone could have been!
16. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Great specs, but looks waaaaaaaay too much like a Galaxy S3 or Note2. They should consider offering it in the U.S. after a redesign, maybe set up shops next to or across from apple stores to show what pushing the boundaries of technology can do, instead of tiny incremental upgrades like the fruit company does
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1926; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't see any resemblance to Samsung's phones. It has what appears to be capacitive buttons as opposed to the S3 & GN2's big physical home button & hidden capacitive keys. I would say it looks more like a huge iPhone with Android buttons.
2. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
wow, would love to see this device in teh UK
3. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I wish we can (Oppo) find one outside China.
7. doejon (Posts: 309; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lawsuit is loading.... --- ------ -----
4. doejon (Posts: 309; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
hot phone but the batterylife will suck..
441 ppi is damn high for this screensize..
but i will go for the galaxy note 2.. i like the software features of the note 2
and the spen + removable battery+msdcard+ higher batterylife+ amoled hd with rgbmatrix
5. aakashram2001 (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
wow this is theeeeeeeeee phone for the humans but only next to gs3
6. danny_a2005 (Posts: 114; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
I agree, this seems to be a super phone, but it might turn to be garbage, Its not a recognized brand so we dont know about this hardware... Probably looking at a review
11. McLTE (Posts: 620; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wow.. I think this phone looks as close to the iPhone design as I have ever seen.. lol.
It does look really good though!
one thing, and I hope it's just a render we're seeing is that the speaker is way off center!
and why the need for 6.65mm? I'd MUCH rather have another mm or 2 and get a whopper of a battery!
12. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am a sucker for hardware and the device in the pic looks really hot.
That being said I have to agree with doejon its not only the hardware that counts but user interface experience as well unless its stock JB then woohoo!
Moreover what's the chassis made of and tthat battery looks a tad small for 1080p.
Nothing is overkill at the moment...any combination of hardware specs is justified as long as they compliment each other well enough.
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 799; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Screw the thickness. Please put in an 4000mAh battery for us :D With such beautiful screen you need good battery life
19. tarmpung (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
I don't believe the specs are real. Furthermore, it is a Chinese copy mobile phone and I'm sure it cannot be sold in US or EU.
20. hrzagi (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
i just cant belive...it sounds like q2 2013 device...just try imagine this is nexus device...it would be amazing...i want oppo find 5 in europe...
21. hrzagi (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
OPPO FIND 5 hands on video....
23. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
This device really looks great, and it's spec sound like music to ear, but instead of getting overexcited for this device. I will wait for them to announce it first........ And I don't think battery will be issue, because they could announce maxx version of this device for those battery constious tech lover, or there might be some aftermarket battery packs released for this device......... But any ways let's wait for them to announce this device first...................
24. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
damn design luks amazing , and with ppi that high its sure a killer superfone
25. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Specs wise, it's a great phone but I'll still choose note 2 coz not only for it's hardware but also for it's s-pen and innovative softwares. That's what really Samsung differentiate itself from other phone manufacturers.
27. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Kindof ironic that Samsung and innovation are mentioned so often in the same breath.
26. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
1080P is just overkill for a phone IMO. The geek in me thinks its awesome; but realistically its not going to be a big difference in quality whatsoever. It may however detrimentally affect performance.
Give me something to really drool over like a 1080P Android 10 inch tablet where we could put that extra quality to use.
28. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Its a bragging right for ppi, yes that will have others say its overkill but tell that to iphone users who brag about their screen. Ether way its still more bang for your buck compared to the iphone. I rather pay the same and get more for your money then get 0.5" more screenfor space and old technology from the previous years haha. Hate if you want but its the truth, and it just hurts lmao
29. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Specs are great but what else can it do? Can it offer the kind of experience the masses are used to with JB? Can the battery actually last with that 441 pixel screen buzzing away? These are just some of the questions that decide whether or not its a good device even with specs. If it was all about the specs, competition in the market would be much different.
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow chinese products....
really hate using chinese products coz i hate them for claiming what's not their own!
but i dont have a choice coz most of the products are MADE IN CHINA!!!