OIS MIA for Samsung Galaxy S5?
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2013, 23:42 posted on
One of the most desired features on a smartphone camera these days is OIS, or optical image stabilization; with OIS on your camera, videos you take will appear as steady as though you were using a tripod. Still pictures will lose the blur that can ruin a photograph. Obviously, many of Nokia's camera-centric high-end Lumia models offer OIS such as the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Nokia Lumia 925 and the upcoming Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet among others...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
We'll just have to wait and see how this all works out for the GS5, though I've found that OIS on my Lumia 928 outstanding... Almost every picture/video taken with it was in near-perfect focus.
Very useful feature that should be standard on all top tier smartphones.
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1250; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
What do you mean, "we'll just have to wait and see".... If the Note 3 keeps selling without OIS, then the S5 won't have it...
Maybe Samsung should bring that department into its own factories. SAM-SONG!
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"Very useful feature that should be standard on all top tier smartphones."
Yup-per. I suspect that if a smartphone does not have OIS as part of its spec list, it will suffer sales losses in 2014. Consumers are being educated as to the benefits of OIS. By mid-2014, they will probably demand it as part of the minimum acceptable specification for a smartphone.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3538; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy has to bring OIS this time for sure.
4. byazatt (Posts: 175; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
This is sad, leave excuses and walk the walk. OIS will bring a lot of improvement on an already excellent camera history.
6. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Samsung's sister company, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, already manufactures OIS modules.
It's a 13MP module that is expected to be used for Galaxy S5.
7. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
9. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I don't think the 13MP OIS camera module is for the S5, I expect an MP ugrade.
10. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
lol after lumia 1520 13MP is not good enough
11. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
It should also come with with dual boot android/Tizen with higher MP Upgrade
12. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
they may include the ISOCELL sensor to their upcoming s5