Nvidia unveils next generation Tegra: welcome Erista, the son of Logan
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2014, 10:42 posted on
In a bit of an unexpected news, Nvidia unveiled its new generation of Tegra chips, Erista. Nvidia is naming its chipsets after comic book heroes…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 2591; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Well thats not bad, atleast my ears will not get bored hearing Qualcomm Qualcomm all the time if nvidia succeed
7. renz4 (Posts: 306; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
which means nvidia is not giving up their SoC business anytime soon
2. Anshulonweb (Posts: 419; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
well first they should focus on making Tegra k1 on smartphone by lowering power consumption....
4. brrunopt (Posts: 613; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
The K1 is not even out yet .
I don't high hopes too, but can we at least wait until its out to see what happens ...
6. renz4 (Posts: 306; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
you can get one if you buy the development board 'Jetson TK1'
8. grahaman27 (Posts: 356; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
A) the A15 tegra K1 is significantly (1.4x) more efficient than previous chips.
B) nvidia isnt doing will in mobile phone industry because qualcomm has a monopoly, nvidia will be focusing on other areas such as tablets, micro consoles, smart cars, ect.
C) Nvidia claims their dual core denver chip is 4x as efficient as the A15 based chip that they are about to come out with. wait 6 months.
3. brrunopt (Posts: 613; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
theres 2 repeated slides and no erista _http://wimages.vr-zone.net/2014/03/NVIDIA-Tegra-Erista-GTC-2014.png
good to see nVidea finally stepping their game, going to maxwell next year will be another huge jump in performance... the K1 sould have been released long ago , kepler is more than 2y old..
5. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
If you've seen some the stuff they have done with Maxwell, the K1 is just a stepping stone to something really good down the road.
9. king1000 (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
For android it should be qualcomm for phones and tegra for tablets in my opinion
12. prokshit (Posts: 12; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The reason they are not doing well in mobile space is because they drop off their support after a year or so ( Moto Atrix,Htc one x.. lg hd something) so no manufacturer can take the risk of abondoning their phones or customers and also their chips get ridculoulsy HOT !! and most of all the gaming is full of C**P ,the games RUN LIKE S**T! on these chips .. only the tegra exclusive run ok...So i dont think anybody will invest in their chips