Nvidia Tegra 4i announced
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2013, 08:48 posted on
Nvidia has just unveiled the Tegra 4i chip, a mass market solution with LTE on board and packing the graphical punch Nvidia takes pride in with a 60-core graphics…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
"Nvidia using an A9 processor instead of the new A7 might come as a surprise, but the important thing here is that it is the R4 modification of the A9 coming with a 15% to 30% better performance than standard A9."
You mean A15?
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
what I mean is the part where they said "new A7 might bla bla bla"
4. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
5. doZza (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Well if those are a new A9 cores with the 28nm process, it could be a winner, A15 is just too much for now
12. jove39 (Posts: 1560; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
it won't be winner...notice launch time for soc? Qualcomm will be in all flagship devices by then...Nvidia perhaps lost battle for this year!
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 423; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
It would be better to have the ARM Big Little architecture
2x A15 Cores (performance) + 2x A7 Cores (power saving)
9. redmd (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I guess we'll have to wait for the GS4 for that.
10. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Affordable powerful chip from a known maker. I'd take this over Mediatek, Allwinner and Amlogic anyday.
13. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
This could very well make a niche for itself it midrange devices as it seems affordable enough anx well on par with what the top phones have right now, despite he fact other new chips will oudtade this rather soon!
14. ltavaress (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I'm looking forward to seeing the next Nexus manufactured by HTC. Imagine the sexyness of a Nexus combined with the power of the Tegra 4i and HTC's ultrapixel new image chip technology
15. jroc74 (Posts: 5673; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I was just saying to some guy in another article bragging about the next Apple chip having the best gpu.
At this point in time....its not so much about benchmarks and power...but new features from the chips.
I would take this and the new and upcoming Snapdragons over the Exynos and whatever Apple cooks up....if all they are bringing is better benchmark scores.
16. medicci37 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would like 2 see how it compares 2 snapdragon 800
17. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Nvidia is a great chip maker but if no one uses it, its pointless I think the best way for them is to get it on any ASUS phones and bring it to the US we need more phones that use a variety of chips seeing everything as snapdragons doesnt make sense or maybe make your own branded smartphone that way people see it, demo it, and buy it. Well atleast we have tablets with T4.