Now what's happening on Thursday, Samsung?
PhoneArena will be there to keep you up-to-date about one of the most important product announcements of the year which could wipe the BlackBerry 10 OS introduction right off the front page.
The festivities start at 2pm Eastern time in the states and we figured with time running down, this will be your last shot at telling us exactly what you think the specs will be for the sequel to what many consider the best Android handset ever made. Simply leave your expectations in the comment box below!
2. clevername posted on 02 May 2012, 22:31 6 12
Quad core 1.2ghz
720p 4.65 or bigger
1800 mAh batter minimum
1.5 gb ram
8mp backside illuminated cam / 1.3 MP front.
12. Mark.J.Linskiy posted on 02 May 2012, 23:05 8 4
Why would they downgrade the front facing camera?
14. avataranjie posted on 02 May 2012, 23:12 13 1
1.3 mp front might mean better sensor. MP doesn't matter as much as sensor does
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 02 May 2012, 23:12 11 1
1800 mAh is not enough ...expect atleast 2200 mAH
15. Rangers posted on 02 May 2012, 23:21 10 2
Quad-core 1.5 GHz
4.8" HD Super AMOLED Plus
2100 mAh battery
1 GB ram
8 MP back / 1.9 MP front cameras
That's what I heard.
18. clevername posted on 02 May 2012, 23:35 5 1
Geez guys. Just my predictions. Lol no need to get all serious.
39. Lousclues posted on 03 May 2012, 02:07 1 0
Some Samsung fans are starting to act like apple fan boys. Getting worked up over small things lol all sensitive shiet.
32. Mxyzptlk posted on 03 May 2012, 00:56 0 9
Hopefully it'll be better at holding a signal otherwise it's pretty useless.
45. ayephoner posted on 03 May 2012, 06:55 0 0
my excitement has waned.
if the US version gets dual core snapdragon as well as other minute, non existant spec bumps and thats it, this will be very disapointing.
hopefully they have some new software or some other trick up their sleeve.
3. cellphonator posted on 02 May 2012, 22:38 10 1
"What day is today?"
"Don't know and don't care, I just know that tomorrow is May 3rd, finally"
4. ScottSchneider posted on 02 May 2012, 22:39 5 1
Bring it ON.... ^_^ Throw the Ball... Do Something... We are Born Ready... ^_^
5. remixfa posted on 02 May 2012, 22:40 25 3
A sneeze could wipe the BB10 announcement off the front page.. just sayin :)
11. cepcamba posted on 02 May 2012, 22:54 6 3
That's if the BB10 announcement was even on the front page. :p
19. ScottSchneider posted on 02 May 2012, 23:36 8 4
SGS3 -> Who What When Where Why How etc etc etc...
BB10 -> Oh.. Hmmm... Yeah, What Ever Man....
6. PackMan posted on 02 May 2012, 22:42 7 1
I have a feeling that this thing is going to have 2GB of RAM.
24. moronman66 posted on 03 May 2012, 00:00 2 1
I hope you're right, if not then maybe 1.5GB? That's what I've heard more recently
34. PackMan posted on 03 May 2012, 01:03 1 2
4.8 720p super amoled + (1080p is useless unless the screen is 5"+)
1.5GB to 4GB RAM LPDDR3, that's easily possible and newer exynos and ICS already have support for that.
Exynos 4412 1.5ghz quad core.
New ISP will come along 4412 which is again going to be very good.
12Mp/2MP cameras with BSI sensor (dedicated camera button and xenon flash will also be welcomed)
ICS 4.0.4 with touch wiz 5.0
Mali 400MP4 400+ghz
2500 mAH removable battery
16 gb internal + removable microsd CLASS 10
Glass Ceramic or amorphous metal alloy(metal glass) body.
Size same as SGII
7. CX3NT3_713 posted on 02 May 2012, 22:43 7 2
Ita gonna be beast... samsung almost never dissapoints me, when it comes to new phones :-D GO SAMMY
8. ironmarc89 posted on 02 May 2012, 22:47 3 1
common. T-Mobile doesnt have LTE so they dont need S4. Exynos please. Then i can come back to T-Mobile with Unlimited data
9. Wildmanfan posted on 02 May 2012, 22:47 4 1
All I ask is that Verizon will be one of the carriers of the phone and that the display is going to be 4.5" or bigger. If it's a 5" or higher(which I doubt), I will camp out to get this phone! Lets just hope and pray that if your a VZW subscriber, that Verizon doesn't f**k this up.
17. Skidro13 posted on 02 May 2012, 23:29 3 1
oh verizon will be sure to F**k it up somehow. Probably with an ocean of bloatware and no google wallet
20. rg987 posted on 02 May 2012, 23:41 6 1
1.4 ghz quad core exynos 4412
4.8" hd super amoled plus display
1.5 gb ram
16 gb (internal) + sd slot
12mp BSI sensor cam / 2mp front cam
eyes sensing tech
2200 mah battery
vanilla android skin + touchwiz.
21. alan_1230 posted on 02 May 2012, 23:43 2 1
It says it will make you change the way you see your world ! it's exciting that is why i don't believe they will put in a s4 ! why would they if are trying to introduce there new exynos quad ! let's be believers . It is being said it can still work with lte
22. chazking99 posted on 02 May 2012, 23:45 1 1
ya know what i bet it has quadcore 1.4 ghz 4.7 in screen 1280x720 1 gb of ram and outscores the transformer prime on antutu benchmark if you don't believe just look on antutu benchmark and find out
26. ilia1986 posted on 03 May 2012, 00:30 1 2
4.8" SuperAmoled Plus HD screen
1.6Ghz Quad core exynos
32GB internal storage.
12MP camera with 1080p video recording, 3MP camera on front.
31. PostalJim posted on 03 May 2012, 00:41 2 1
Next Nexus wont even be close to this pipedream.
47. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 07:01 0 0
The only thing thats a real pipe dream on ilia's list is the 1.6ghz quad core. it will probably be clocked at 1.4 or 1.5 at max to save battery. I wonder if we can clock it to 2.0ghz... that would be fun. lol
As far as the rest of it, its just a run down of the rumored specs.
50. ilia1986 posted on 03 May 2012, 11:10 0 0
Oh, cmon. it's just 100 - 200mhz more. People overclocked their SGS2 to 1.5GHz without noticeable increase in battery drain.
Besides, Tegra 2 was initially clocked at 1Ghz. Samsung had to up it, and make a 1.2Ghz Exynos dual core chip. Now Tegra 3 is clocked at 1.5Ghz. Samsung is probably gonna answer than with a 1.6 - 1.8Ghz chip.
27. SprintPower posted on 03 May 2012, 00:32 1 1
If they announce the US is only getting dual core I won't care anymore. I'll be looking for the next US quad core.
28. x7black7x posted on 03 May 2012, 00:34 1 2
it will have
4.65" hd display (so that they could increase the size of the screen in gs4 coz they dont want to creat another note with 5.3" display)
1.5/2 gb ram
12mp back cam n 2mp front cam
android ics 4.0.4
eynox 4412 quadcore 1.8ghz
and a tag on its back showing
SAMSUNG GALAXY S III
30. PostalJim posted on 03 May 2012, 00:39 1 2
US will get Dual core 1.4
Swiss Army knife
Physical Sliding Keyboard
33. x7black7x posted on 03 May 2012, 00:59 0 1
and i think battery will be around 2000 mah
16 gb internal with sd card support
and it will be 9mm thick from its thickest part
35. shreyasdilip posted on 03 May 2012, 01:27 1 1
Quad core 2 ghz, 1.5 gigs ram, 720p 4.7 inch, 12mp camera, 2mp frontal with af :P, screen which can be used with gloves, 2500 mah battery!
40. yash.jalan92 posted on 03 May 2012, 02:36 0 0
it would be disappointing if samsung uses a higher clocked mali 400 gpu ...
41. avinashmunnu posted on 03 May 2012, 02:42 1 0
I Want galaxy S3 With Below Specifications
1.4ghz quad Core
12mp Bsi Sensor
Exynos 4412 with mali t-600gpu
16/32 gb onboard storage
and expandable memory up 64gb
front cam wat ever it may be useless
ICS 4.04 with touch wiz 5.0 it should be as good as htc sense 4.0
must and should removable battery 3000mah minimum
ceramic care wit solid construction
gorilla glass 2
super amoled hd plus with 4.7inches
42. tango_charlie posted on 03 May 2012, 02:58 0 0
Doesn't expect too much.
- 4.8" Super Amoled HD Plus
- 1,5 Ghz Exynos Quad
- 1GB Ram
- 16/32GB internal Storage exp. via microsd Card
- 12 MP Camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wlan a/b/g/n, MHL, usb OTG, Wifi Direct,
- 2050mAh Battery
43. grif_ posted on 03 May 2012, 03:12 0 0
same ppl dissin bb10 now will be eating there words when it turns out to be a success.
44. Phullofphil posted on 03 May 2012, 05:37 0 0
I should say the same thing cause most likely it won't and everybody thinks so but if it does you will be a freaking genius
49. TROLL posted on 03 May 2012, 10:05 0 0
Ive just bought the one X, its really good
but still cant make my mind up to wait
for S3 or to keep it....