Now that the Samsung Galaxy S 4 is official, which high-end smartphone would you buy?
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 20:43 posted on
She's beautiful isn't she? Dressed in her polycarbonate outfit, she glows with charm and appeal, begging us to get our itchy hands on it. Of course, we're talking about the new Samsung Galaxy S 4 smartphone, which just got announced officially. Although we're yet to give it a proper review, we're pretty content with what we've seen so far. Some of you are probably impressed as well, which comes as no surprise since the smartphone is powered by capable hardware and chock full of exciting features. But would you buy one?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 3SM.. (unregistered)
I'm a loyal Samsung customer and will stay their customer, though I'm not fully satisfied w/ the design of the S4.
4. alila2 (Posts: 117; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I'm a samsung fan too but not to the point where i'll just buy anything they'll offer great specs but disappointing design compared to others , there for i might go with the Sony xperia ZL .
55. doejon (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
xperia is a good looking phone but s4 is better in hardware and software
and the s4 dont look ugly at all
94. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
s4 is not ugly but you will be stupid buyer if waste your money on s4, buy galaxy note 2 if you love samsung so much,
xperia z is the first sony device with last year quad core soc but it's good enough to compete with s4 or htc one
until this day only sony is able to put beauty and durability on their device
btw i have nokia E6-00, galaxy Y and galaxy s 2 but i will sell crapsung device and wait sony or nokia flagship
99. Secondhead (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
i'm a samsung user too, now i've using S3, hopefully that S4 will bring something new like S3 first launch, but you now what, in fact samsung make us dissapointed, BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG DESIGN!!!!!!! U made us mad samsung.
127. Dynamac (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
Design is more than just what the case looks like...Real design excellence is better everything and bigger screen, but in a smaller and lighter body; a faster system that's more efficient; one that doesn't sacrifice practically for looks. The technology is beautiful as well. I don't think you understand design. What I said doesn't just apply to this phone, I'm not saying this phone is super beautiful, but design is so much more than looks.
138. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I am not too bothered by the design but instead the fact that it has a sub par gpu. I know it's fast enough for most of the users but it doesn't support OpenGL ES 3.0 which does not make it future proof. And since i plan on gaming on my phone allot, it is kinda of a bummer for me.
6. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Loyal for what? Samsung is multi-billion dollar empire, you don't owe them your loyalty.
45. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
to those who choose xperia z, one, lumia920, and any other beside samsung, please dont beg for mercy, because you are going to regret it
50. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
its just a mobile who the hell would beg mercy for it? lol the overzealous behavior of the comment section on most of phone arena's articles seems to amaze me time and time again.
78. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HAHAHA. Me too. But I'm guilty of it.
18. AnTuTu (Posts: 599; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Me too brother but S4 for me ----> Not at all but HTC One FTW and for sure :)
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
then how can u CALL URSELF ROYAL? don't even try too troll now.
46. snoopy5 (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
i m not a loyal customer to any of the brand,i buy great product,if any manufacturers come up with great phone i will pay attention to it,these manufacturers din even pay you to be loyal dude,instead you are paying for their products...
73. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
but doesnt it look better than the sg3? it was too round...
88. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
The design of the phone sucks, but hey, we have to sacrifice something with every phone! And looking at the other features they have to offer, I'll be buying one.
I'd choose the removable battery, micro sd card, a more powerful phone and the cool software features any day over the design!
203. Dynamac (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
Exactly, not to mention 95% of the general public puts a thick ugly plastic cover on their *beautiful* iPhones, HTC Ones and Xperia Zs....so does it really matter? If you think about, they all end up looking and feeling like plastic, so Samsung is just making things simpler for everyone.
97. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 353; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
What happens to the Galaxy Note 2? It has to be included
166. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Agreed!!!! Especially since, the Galaxy Note 2 was released after the iDud 5 and, somehow, that limited phone made the Poll list??!!
If I were in the market for a new phone right now I would buy the Galaxy Note 2 [again] since it's the BESTEST phone I've ever had.
120. vladd100 (Posts: 56; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
you missed up the difference between loyal customer and a sh**p customer....
123. KennethP4V (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
hahahah i look at the result of the poll and laugh hard, after all most people do love brands and they dont buy what they personal like. Look at the poll, Nokia Lumia is #1, winning by a huge margin too. But real world data showed that Samsung and Apple lead. Also, the thing is, recently i see a lot of praises for XZ, but still everywhere i go i see either iphone or samsung, i never see some sort of Xperia
2. Technobri (Posts: 66; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
If the S4 looked like the artist renders ,..there was one in particular that had front speakers ....than i would definitely get it....maybe next time for the S5
85. tusshharish (Posts: 335; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
truly i am waiting for nokia's next flagship................................!!!!!!!!!!
168. akki20892 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Me too.......it will hero device from Nokia.......!!! and specially Attractive.......!!!
24. lonestrider (Posts: 83; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Hahaha... Because it's not belong in there! You can't line up that one with those!
47. maherk (Posts: 473; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You didnt? Its there, but under covered under the name of HTC One :P
48. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1350; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Bb z10 is not on par with those devices, it's too 2012-ish
171. muhsen (Posts: 195; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
yeah maybe , but the innovations in it r still seeding the 2013 phones. the touch screen with glove's thingy for example which is in the s4 was introduced in the lumia 920 and the wireless charging as well was first in the lumia 920(palm did first but nokia was the one who made the world turn to it) and lots of the others that the 920 has still haven't come to high end phones
bb z10 is already late on hardware compared to 2012 competition let alone 2013
54. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Yes! it should be there. maybe they will recognize it when it's out in stores
5. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, I'm perfectly happy with my current phone, the Xperia Z. :)
26. akki20892 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i have N8......i'm waiting for next Lumia 928 aluminum or will get 920
33. darkskoliro (Posts: 886; Member since: 07 May 2012)
good on you! Happy with my butterfly ^^
52. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
and i'm pretty happy with my note 2 until i can afford the HTC One =P
140. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
You are the 2nd person ever I've seen who respects almost all sides of the smartphone competition, props to you for being so open minded!
174. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Sony Xperia Z - The Next Big Thing
GOOD DISPLAY . EXCELLENT CAMERA . GREAT DESIGN . AWESOME BUILD . GOOD BATTERY LIFE . SMOOTH & SIMPLE UI . GREAT PROOFING . THINK , SLEEK , LIGHT
90. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Because of the curves??
You see the Xperia Z, 920 and HTC One, hell even the iP5 is worthy to be called a 'He'.
103. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, if it comes to a 'he' and 'she' factor, that should be right!
104. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
bcause beauty is refer to women, and i agree with that s4 beauty and fragile just like women
if want ''he'' phone buy xperia z it simply handsome and durable
151. Aeires (unregistered)
Same way boats and cars do. Assigning a gender to a device isn't new.
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 1086; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I'm sorry but the S4 is not the next best thing. Not a single thing wow'd me. They should have called it the S3+.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right.......World is changing not Galaxy........!!!
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 890; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The HTC one although I am waiting for the Moto X phone
41. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's what I'm going too do wait for the X PHONE and try too hold out not buying the xperia z just in case
13. taz89 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The s4 for me ..has a bigger battery and larger screen than other phones with same screen size and its even the same size as phones with 4.7" screens ...I like phones that keep minimal bezel as possible... I was hoping the s4 will have bigger screen and larger battery than the s3 and be thinner and its got it all for me. The camera sensor looks massive on the back which is a good sign that the camera will be awesome