Now revealed: Apple's secret testing room for packaging designs
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2012, 18:57 posted on
We all know that Apple suffers from OCD, so it should be no surprise that the company has a secret room where packaging designs are tested so that a person buying an Apple iPhone 4S has the perfect unboxing experience...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This has to be the most ridiculous and unnecessary apple 'news' story article yet and is soley made to try keep apple hype going.
However the room is for testing how to get the box made with as cheap as possible materials while also being able to fool ifans into thinking the new boxing changes everything again and paying more for it for the 'experience'.
The box also is being tested in different formats to see which design would be harder for ifans to use and thus would increase the possibility of an ifan dropping an iphone by mistake apon taking the iphone out of the box,forcing them to by yet another iphone.
7. stealthd (Posts: 980; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Thanks for contributing to the ad clicks. Thanks to you these "ridiculous and unnecessary" articles are a huge success.
13. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I actually didn't click on the video it would have been a waste of time,I'll let ifans like yourself click and watch the same apple videos constantly over and over again to drive up the apple 'views'!
16. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Cant agree. I think, its interesting what is going on in the mind of such a company. I also do not think Apple is in need such PR...
2. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
after reading the article
WTF do htc phones have to do with this?
3. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
i getting sick of this " copying " sh!t with all apple iSh33p kids ! grow up ppl!
4. -box- (Posts: 3880; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That's beyond OCD: that's CDO
(it's a joke, putting it in alphabetical order)
5. remixfa (Posts: 14187; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
honestly.. who really goes bonkers over boxing. seriously. if your that into it. buy me an SGS3 and ill let you keep the box. lol
that video was cute though. it shows MS's funnier side since its them making fun of them, and the sad fact is, thats what most MS boxes look like. lolol
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Hell - I'll let you even keep the user manual!
And the plastic wraps which protect the screen and the phone.
Just give the SGS3 to meeeeeee :P
18. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I do. I love the Apple boxes. I save all of them
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I care about the product , not the box . Apple
8. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Its cool opening up an iPhone. It just feels special and different. Like they really put a lot effort in it. I know its not a big deal but I wouldn't expect anything less from apple. It just seems how it should be.
10. wumberpeb (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Opening an iPhone box is akin to watching molasses come out of a jar. Hold the top and wait for the bottom to slide out on its own into the table. 15 seconds later and wow! Wait, did I get a 4 or a 4S? I can't tell, the phone looks exactly the same. I waited for this? Dammit!
14. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
careful now,leave that iphone drop out the wrong way and it'll easily shatter apon impact with the table,they're fragile
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1655; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
just carry around the box and show your friends, its the only thing that says its an "s" LOL