Now in the Apple App Store: AOL for iPad
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 13:27 posted on
If you're older than 20, you might remember when AOL was a big deal; one of the three major internet providers at the time (along with Prodigy and GEnie), it was AOL that gave many people their first taste of the internet. But the internet proved to be too big to be contained in a closed system, and along with a poorly executed purchase of Time, AOL's days as an internet portal soon ended...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Haha does it come with those classic dial-up sounds?
2. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Hard to believe people still use AOL?? Nevermind, just read it's for iPad: makes sense now.
3. quakan (Posts: 1253; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Aol with dial up back in the 90s: *wait like 45 min* "Welcome. You've got mail" lol
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 14132; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was my first experience with the Internet. Took forever to get on, and no call waiting while on the net. Those were the days of chat rooms lol.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Makes sense you would troll chat rooms, any behind the dl hook-ups??
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 14132; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not sure why you look to bother me, but if it makes you happy go for it. Your wasting your time if you think I'll actually answer your questions though.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 14132; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I had that too, with the disk inserted in the drive lol.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 14132; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm sure I wish you'd go away...Wendy.
11. Deaconclgi (Posts: 389; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
NetZero with SegaNet FTW!!!! I heard "Get off the internet!!! I am expecting a call!!!!" Waited for hours for a phone call that never came..no internet the whole time....what kind of cruel joke was that!!!!!