Now Samsung confirms it is preparing to sue Apple over 8 LTE patents
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:19
The Apple iPhone 5 is here and it supports 4G LTE. Good news? Yes, for Apple’s and Samsung’s lawyers…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:22 6 29
I'm in the middle of saving money!!!
Let me take one 1st karma!!! Just give me some time please!!!
22. daniel_bargs posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:51 23 0
just one injunction for iPhone and expect the fall of Apple. imagine iPhone 5 getting banned and stock prices plunges from $500 to $300. hahahah here's hoping.
25. Dj21o posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:59 16 2
I have an iPhone, and I'm all for Samsung. Apple needs to get some karma for the way they have been suing everyone. The only reason I have an iPhone is because I prefer the OS. I don't want them to get banned, but I do want them to get what has been coming to them this whole time.
74. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 21:58 0 1
you think this is something that samsung will actually win, keep on dreaming... Samsung needs to try harder, it seems that they are playing with they're own money here. LTE is a standard, cannot sue over usage or implementation in a device. If that was the case imagine us without 3G now or other internet standard for that matter.
81. neutralguy posted on 20 Sep 2012, 23:01 1 0
Just like a rectangular shaped with rounded corner smartphones. They are standard or should I say generic or basic design for a smartphone. But apple sued samsung for using it. See?
83. maier9900 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 00:25 0 0
Every phone has rounded corner, Every single one... Not at that radius, but they all have rounded corners.
73. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 21:51 0 0
you mean from $700.....
12. dickwyn posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:34 1 6
one thing i can say is that it is not going to be good for either companies
16. joey_sfb posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:37 2 1
Take one for what? If apple can't earn a zillion from iPhone 5, it will just drop it and move on to iPhone 6 or 5s.
3. Ueliton posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:26 47 3
Well, if the iPhone really infringes the pattents, Samsung must sue. It´s very sad things came down to this level, but Apple started it...
7. timtimity posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:31 15 1
I'm not a fan of the patent wars going on but if you sue someone instead of letting something slide you've got to expect the other side to respond the same way if the opportunity arises. It just creates animosity.
14. dickwyn posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:36 9 1
it is so obivous that apple infringed at least one of samsung's 4g patents as they own the biggest amounts and they advanced most of it
50. -box- posted on 20 Sep 2012, 13:52 2 0
I'm surprised Samsung didn't have the paperwork filed and suit started the day or so after the announcement. HTC too. Best to stop them before they get any sales than let them sell any and try to get royalties, especially because it would void the selling records and tick off the iFools who bought any
4. prakesh posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:28 1 9
apple says htc just license LTE just to sue us,
but apple knows that they will sue by samsung after lauching ip5 so they license/buy some LTE. haha
31. JC557 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 10:26 9 0
Dr. Evil: One... hundred billion dollars! *add pinky*
6. wassup posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:30 16 0
yes!! do it please... end this tyranny please Samsung!
75. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 22:23 0 0
8 nothing... Samsung cannot win this, There's no judge that stupid to believe it. Even if samsung proves it, it will only prove that it got some patents nothing more. And those patents are useless. Samsung knows it.
76. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 22:24 0 0
lol, "go sammy" ... yeah sammy go spend money to prove nothing. LTE patents, should've never happen in the first place. Not in anybody's right mind.
10. rickywinataa posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:32 3 5
well, samsung does has a lot of LTE patent & it would be rather impossible for apple not to infringe one of the patents.
banning the iPhone would be a stupid strategy, it's better to make iPhone license for the LTE patents / iDevices sold. Samsung will get more than 1 billion in a short period of time
18. ph00ny posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:37 3 3
Apple also bought ton of LTE Patents from one of the outgoing companies. Ugh
24. cheetah2k posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:57 11 2
Samsung is to LTE, like Sony is to Blu Ray. Samsung holds all the basis of technology LTE patents, and well, Apple doesnt!
51. -box- posted on 20 Sep 2012, 13:53 0 0
No, not all, but a large portion
89. maier9900 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 03:43 0 0
You're a moron! Plain and simple...
11. osmaankhaan posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:33 12 0
sammy just got the way out to recover the the loss caused unnecessarily by apple by having the home town advantage
40. remixfa posted on 20 Sep 2012, 11:51 6 2
there is no peace when your only option of "peace" is to bow down to tyranny. True peace is holding the biggest gun.
41. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Sep 2012, 11:53 4 1
in this case this is very much true.........apple MUST.....i repeat MUST get what is coming to them!!
78. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 22:26 0 2
...and you are paranoid !
77. maier9900 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 22:26 0 2
You are delusional !!!
15. Bernoulli posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:37 17 0
Hahaha! Apple will finally get a taste of their own medicine ;)
19. androidornothing posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:38 1 1
As much as I love Sammy and my Galaxy S3 I just have a feeling that this wont happen. I mean I don't know I would LOVE for this to happen but I just can't imagine it. Here's to hoping Samsung has some strong arguments.!!!!
42. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Sep 2012, 11:58 4 0
No time to feel the slightest of sympathy for them or have doubt that apple wont get what is coming, as ive stated above, apple MUST get what is coming!...........Apple is trying to raise the bar on samsung as we speak......remember that earlier article that said apple is trying to get 3 billion out of samung instead of 1?
well what does that tell you? apple has no sympathy for others so why should samsung? we have to remember all the dirty tricks they have pulled so far in order to keep the foot on the gas, because once again....apple has NOOO intentions of letting up!
20. remixfa posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:41 9 2
gawd I hope they get the injunction. Even if its for a week, it would freak Apple the heck out. Maybe they would realize they are A-holes and need to start cooperating with the industry instead of trying to rule it with an iron fist and army of lawyers.
44. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2012, 12:31 3 1
"Wait. What? I stood in line a week and you can't sell me an iPhone5?"
54. -box- posted on 20 Sep 2012, 15:14 1 0
"Yep, prepare to stay there for the iFail4Stretch S"
21. venkey posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:46 1 0
well well... it s not good for both of their sales... only lawerys and bloggers will be busy with all these end less story...
23. martycota posted on 20 Sep 2012, 09:53 0 0
Actually it is good for Samsung's sales if they get an injunction. If the iPhone is pulled off shelves for even just a few days, it would turn people who passed on a Galaxy Siii because they figured iPhone was coming out to turn around and buy a Samsung phone because they may not be aware how long the injunction could last.
33. JC557 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 10:29 1 0
Or it would bring a huge amount of animosity towards Samsung considering how fanatical a good portion of their user base is about getting their iPhones. They would complain about it being illegal, prompt an investigation along with the demonization of Samsung. Of course that would mostly be in the US.
In the US it appears Apple can do no wrong... and they're American as apple pie...
85. maier9900 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 00:33 0 0
Which is good... the more stories the more income, no stories means no money for the bloggers and their articles.
26. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 20 Sep 2012, 10:00 6 0
"The biggest lawsuit to happen to iPhone since iPhone"
34. Snap123 posted on 20 Sep 2012, 10:35 1 0
It would be funny if this phone got ban the day its going to be released but we know thats not going to happen...
I just want to see the reaction of those crazies whose been camping outside the sidewalk for their new phone since who knows how many days. No other company have crazy customers willing to camp outside just waiting for a phone.
35. dbparipsa posted on 20 Sep 2012, 10:36 6 1
Sammy must teach Appy a lesson this time around. Tit for tat!
60. rusticguy posted on 20 Sep 2012, 17:39 1 0
That statement (thermonuclear war) was more like threat coming from Mulla Omar of Taliban. Honestly such words don't suit the stature of "The most valubale Company" and also those who got pleasure out of such statements :(
37. ddeath posted on 20 Sep 2012, 11:18 3 0
Peace, some people said. Yes, everyone wanted peace but who started the war? What do you expect people to do? Fight back of course, naturally. If not, we'll be going "Heil Hitler!" now...
38. app_droid_soft posted on 20 Sep 2012, 11:36 1 1
This lawsuits should end...tired of new lawsuits everyday!!!
I don't think that this happens in other industries...
43. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Sep 2012, 12:03 2 0
it should end only after apple receives its due.....