Now Android owners can join iOS users signaling for an encore with the Zippo virtual lighter
Almost two years have gone by since that story and an additional 9 million downloads of the Virtual Zippo lighter have brought the total number installed on an iOS device to an amazing 14 million. And of course, with the amazing growth of the Android OS and the Android Market, Zippo has launched a version of the virtual lighter for Google's open source OS.
The Zippo virtual lighter app for Android costs 99 cents and comes with 28 free designs and 250 that will cost you some money. A simple flick of the wrist opens the lighter while a turn of the flint wheel gets the flame going. The virtual lighter from Zippo is available for Android models running 2.1 or higher.
Now available for 99 cents from the Android Market, the virtual Zippo lighter which has been downloaded more than 14 million times from the App Store
1. Thump3rDX17 posted on 13 Apr 2011, 18:38 3
big whoop! there's been similar apps like this on the market for a long time now.
4. AppleFUD (unregistered) posted on 13 Apr 2011, 19:20 4
Just one of the many useful apps iFans are always bragging about. . .
5. Eingild (unregistered) posted on 13 Apr 2011, 19:21 4
This app is absurd and totally pointless. People are getting stupid each day.
14. remixfa posted on 14 Apr 2011, 11:31 0
you prove your point. it should be "People are getting MORE stupid each day".
8. luis_lopez_351 posted on 13 Apr 2011, 20:15 0
Wow! im going to make a virtual bubble machine :)
9. SavageLucy42 posted on 13 Apr 2011, 20:18 2
For $.99 couldn't you just buy an actual lighter? Admittedly not a zippo, but something that could be utilized in the lighting of fires?
13. Wesley01 (unregistered) posted on 14 Apr 2011, 07:36 1
There's already a BIC lighter app.
16. LionStone posted on 15 Apr 2011, 00:43 0
lol...that's "amazing"? That 14 million people actually got suckered to buy that...no thanks.