Nova Launcher updated to version 2.0, resizable icons and more new features added
There is a ton of new features in both the free and paid, ‘Prime’ version of Nova Launcher. In the free version you get things like bigger maximum grid size fitting more shortcuts, infinite scrolling for the app drawer and custom wallpaper cropping.
Paid users get even more features of course. We love the bigger icon option, a feature that is available on the LG Optimus Android skin. Additionally, you get swipe actions on desktop icons. Head on to Google Play right below to learn more about the launcher and its features.
source: Android Authority
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
The best android launcher in my opinion!
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I've been using it since monday, it's still a bit 'laggy' compared to apex.
13. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
For me (s3) nova is way smoother than apex especially when you have a folder with lots of app ie like 40+ apps. Its the only issue with apex other than I felt they were similar but now with this new update with nova I think its much better..they both great and it probably all depends on what phone one has that will determine the performance.
15. baldilocks (Posts: 543; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Me too. Apex has always been the more laggy/choppy of the two for me...
Loving this update.
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Using both on my GNOTE II.. Apex is way more fluid than Nova, although Apex's animations pale compared to Nova's. And what I hate about Apex is that it still lacks the option to sort apps in folders.
21. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ive used both on the s2,galaxy tab 10.1,galaxy note and note 10.1,ive always found nova to be smoother,especially on the homescreen panels. Homescreen on apex seems to be less sharp and swiping between screens seems to be in less fps
3. IamTheGodfatherofCell (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Not really a fan f this memory hog app. It also slows down the phone tremendously
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
NOVA is not officially better than Apex.
5. The_Innovation (Posts: 567; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
It's working ultra fast for me. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Haven't heard of this Apex, I'll look into it and compare.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Same as me dude, gnex + nova + paranoid + franco = beast
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i found CNA to be the best GN Rom in my time with the GN, especially with franco.
11. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Apex is just like Nova, but I find that Nova is smoother than Apex on my Razr.
on my gtab, they are about equal, maybe apex on top. Really depends on the phone.
On the features, they are pretty much exactly the same.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i have both of the paid versions and there's trade offs for each of them. i'm using Nova on my MAXX HD now but it sucks to not be able to use my Circles Widget. it is such a nice, useful widget.
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Enjoying the free apk...
Before you post any reply regarding piracy or anything like that let's take a look at the music on your phone first
9. IamTheGodfatherofCell (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
music I bought from i tunes or rhapsody?
Piracy is for broke people
8. ChafedBanana (Posts: 361; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
But does it work well on 4.2.1? I guess I'll find out.
14. ChafedBanana (Posts: 361; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
It works well. The main benifit being that I can hide apps I don't need to see in my app drawer.
22. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Can somoene tell me what icon theme that is in the picture above?