Not surprising: Zynga overpaid for OMGPOP and the financials show it
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 11:06 posted on
Zynga found a budding new gaming market that it could exploit with addicting, yet fairly useless games, and it has grown into a hugely successful company. Unfortunately, that bubble may be bursting as Zynga has missed projections again on its quarterly financial statement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Atleast overpaying is better than overpricing...
But then again, most of the games are super boring. Except for Texas Hold 'em poker...and pool.
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1067; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Overpaid acquisitions have become a fad these days!
2. -box- (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not surprised. They bought OMGPOP right after Draw Something hit its peak
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
This is probably one of the hardest places to make money. Apps. There is quick money but not usually long term money. People get over apps so quickly and rarely pay for them. It's like bailing water out of a sinking boat. Good luck to ya!
5. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I think if they did a better job understanding their market, creating games that are long lasting and quality, as well as focus on their core audience, they would have a much more successful time forecasting. They operate in a volatile market and they must reflect that.
6. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I went till level 30 in farmville and got bored, gotta check wat my farmer is doing. hope he's not dead.