Not surprising: Zynga overpaid for OMGPOP and the financials show it
1. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Oct 2012, 11:16 3 0
Atleast overpaying is better than overpricing...
But then again, most of the games are super boring. Except for Texas Hold 'em poker...and pool.
4. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Oct 2012, 11:35 0 0
Overpaid acquisitions have become a fad these days!
2. -box- posted on 05 Oct 2012, 11:17 0 0
Not surprised. They bought OMGPOP right after Draw Something hit its peak
3. Joshing4fun posted on 05 Oct 2012, 11:19 2 0
This is probably one of the hardest places to make money. Apps. There is quick money but not usually long term money. People get over apps so quickly and rarely pay for them. It's like bailing water out of a sinking boat. Good luck to ya!
5. speckledapple posted on 05 Oct 2012, 16:15 1 0
I think if they did a better job understanding their market, creating games that are long lasting and quality, as well as focus on their core audience, they would have a much more successful time forecasting. They operate in a volatile market and they must reflect that.
6. Cyan3boN posted on 06 Oct 2012, 04:26 0 0
I went till level 30 in farmville and got bored, gotta check wat my farmer is doing. hope he's not dead.