Not surprising: Nokia dominates the Windows Phone market
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 11:08 posted on
Windows Phone doesn't hold a big section of the smartphone market worldwide, but it is growing, and a lot of that is thanks to the success of Nokia's Lumia handsets. Microsoft has given Nokia a lot of preferential treatment, and it has paid off...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Nokia Lumia pureview with WP8 will be a blast................
24. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
lol...your ryt? just read your comment on the Pureview article
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Because of some jealous fools who did that
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
me nither some drunk guys thumbing down every thing
27. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Lol, don't mind the haters, i'm sure once windows phones reach their full potential, they're gonna present a serious competition to andi and ios. And tough competition would bring even higher-specd devices from all sides!
2. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
More like thumbs down will be a blast Lmao..... hahaha
8. abraham (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Nokia will fight back..going to outshine sammytoy..( hope..more n more dislikes..errr)
9. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Yea in your dreams it will....! Here's 1 red from me!
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol they already showned samsung cant stand againt nokia on common platform NOTE COMMON PLATFORM dont talk about android now nokia is not in android
10. dromon (Posts: 9; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Nokia will never again be the dominant force they was, but they are not done for, not by a loooong shot. C'mon Nokia!
17. nghtwng68 (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
I agree. The mobile market has gotten so competitive that every tech company out there is hopping aboard. Being a huge fan of Nokia (proud owner of a N8), they are a major power player in the mobile industry and going nowhere anytime time soon.
29. Mittal (Posts: 427; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
nghtwng68, my friend, i have some bad news for u...
18. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh I dunno... if apple has taught us anything, it's that companies that looked totally doomed can pull a phoenix and be really popular...
...and, oddly enough, both were helped by Microsoft to accomplish that goal.
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and yet some guys think nokia cant beat samsung HTC on common platform
16. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
But Nokia can't. There classic days are gone! Its all about
power. Specs. Features. Samsung. HTC. Sony. Apple. LG. And other's,. BBC and Nokia are gliding tumbling down! it's a fact.
19. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Go back to your village people dance. You're not contributing anything constructive
20. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Ur smart aswell as I am to no what you no that what I don't but do no. Vice versa. I am sharing my thoughts
Village people dance..... looks like you need to come down to earth and face realism.
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
unbeleavable u guys dont even read whole comment and jump to reply readk the last word says COMMON PLATFORM know what does that mean it means same OS nokia vs Samsung and Wp7,8 is where both are using common platform i never said anything about android and the fame samsung got because of android i am syaing wrt wp comparision
21. snowgator (Posts: 3188; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
First off- glad to see the usual"thumbs down gang" showed up on a WP post. Wouldn't be the same without you.
Secondly, I still believe Nokia will be alive, profitable, and independent in the coming years. WP will be owned by them so long as they stay exclusive to it and MS will give them as much support as they need. Love my Focus S from Samsung, but I realize what Nokia brings.
Looking ahead to the end of 2013, it will be fun to see where everything is with RIM and Microsoft both needing breakout hits.....
23. yatmiko (Posts: 36; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
They are comparing the Windows phone, Android still dominate the play
25. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Nokia STRIKES BACK!!! Good Goob nokia...but please dont abandon your shining glory symbian....
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
honestly people... symbian is an awesome OS... its justthat it was judge by the worlds standards... its not hardware hungry.... it dont require the latest of the latest...
im just pointing that nokia should consider symbian again.. at least on low end smartphone... s40 is dead if android will go full force lo end!!
the new s40 touch phones namely the asha 311 cost too much for its looks and OS... you can buy galaxy y/y duos or sony ericson xperia mini or motorola fire xt with a cheaper price, same screen (fire xt is 3.5 and its a winner there), and better screen quality!!!
31. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
yup you're right. And maybe they should consider the Meego OS or develop Meltemi again for low cost. it should be a blast if Meltemi prove to be a success at the low cost handset. Sangayon ka ba?
33. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
of course!! sang ayon na sang ayon!!!!
haha.. pinoy oh...
but honestly... i dont think meltemi is real... but i was keeping an eye to that OS... but for me...symbian all the way... symbian doesnt need multicores or 2 gig of ram to perform faster... it can perform fluidly on a 800mhz with 256 ram on it!!! and that specs is for low end now.. so nokia should consider symbian again..not s40!!!
symbian can multitask s40 cant
symbian has 100000 of apps and java s40 has 25000 of java...
nokia's biggst mistake is that they dont listen... symbian foundation give them a solution but they deny it.. symbian foundation collapse and now most of the engineers works on google and they work with android.. now look at android.. it should be symbian's place!
30. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
I am still going to wait for Jolla for their Meego device rather than the Windows of Nokia. THe only thing that keeps me coming back from Nokia is the Camera. But when Jolla Meego proves to be successful even their camera is not that good I'll still go for Jolla rather than Nokia Windows. Sorry Nokia but I love my N9