Not so budget: iPhone 5C to cost $400-500, fit between iPhone 5S and 4S in Apple's lineup
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 08:20 posted on
As tends to be the case with the rumor mill, only about 25% of what we hear is accurate, and the other 75% is based on incorrect assumptions generated from trying to fit together all of the misinformation. The idea that Apple would be coming out with a truly budget device always seemed a bit too pie-in-the-sky for us, and if a new report is to be believed, the iPhone 5C won't be so budget after all, and may actually be a replacement for the iPhone 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple is the greatest cheater.
thats why i hate it.
24. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1473; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah iPhone C to replace iPhone 5???? Lol...
what does iPhone C got special over iPhone 5
iPhone 5 is beautiful elegant looking phone
and iPhone C looks cheap & glossy.
Now where is the proud Apple who sells premium looking devices????
they are cutting same branch as they sitting.....lol
51. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
ppl will simply buy the iPhone 4S not the 5C if they r looking for budget iPhones ...
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Knowing Apple not confusing at all.
21. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Its still kinda confusing....i mean, why discontinue the 5?....unless they're recycling most parts from the 5 to make the 5s. Besides a few (which we've seen pictured), in which case those will go into the 5c so no parts are wasted...but still. Also, I'm curious, I'm sure that iOS 7 won't run well on a 4, so they'll terminate it. However...how's it run on a 4s?...cause i have my doubts... Anyone with a 4s out there install the beta? Hows it looking?
22. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I have the 4S and will have it until Christmas, so I'll let you know how it runs as soon as I DL it. It won't have all of the features, so it should still run relatively smooth.
25. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
The main thing i'm curious about is the true multitasking....since it only has the 512mb ram, i cant see it handling it that well, unless they're leaving it out too (i'm sure theres a list somewhere). Thanks for the reply.
3. bubbadoes (Posts: 1051; Member since: 03 May 2012)
How is this plastic toy affordable at 500 when retail for the 5s will be 650. Will fail
7. sniper1087 (Posts: 514; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Basically what samsung is doing with their plastic toy which is 639, as long as the software provides a good experience, if is cheaper it will sell, remember a lot of people buy on contract so we expect it to be free on contract.
47. Piotrek007 (Posts: 112; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
So sad... Samsung have cheap plastic, YES ! But they have the most modern tech that apple never had in iPhone so you paying for best quality processor, screen, camera, and more...
18. Sauce (unregistered)
*^Cough cough^* haven't heard that comment before. Baaaaaaa.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
iPhone 5C to replace iPhone 5? Cheap plastic to replace premium metal? You called that a budget iPhone with such price?
You're a genius, Apple!
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
A Rolls Royce is a premium car rite? Takes your keys, run them down the side of it, and tell me what happens.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
darkkjedii is your brother and he nailed pellegrini? :D
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, he's just a techie not a blind fanboy, like some are.
39. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No, I mean that quadrazeus have said that you are "bro" and that you have nailed something. :D
41. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I can't see making a comparison to aluminum and car paint. Not only that, phones are designed and built to take abuse. Cars getting keyed, no.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I never said paint, I'm talking about the metal underneath. It will scratch also. Don't be naive, usually you post like a techie
48. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
We both know when someone mentions taking a key to the car, they're talking about trashing the paint job. No one walks up to a car and says "I'm going to mess that aluminum up!"
That's obvious and naivety isn't a part of it.
50. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Not the point. As I said earlier, phones are designed to take such damage more than cars are. Cars and phones aren't in the same categories so premium means different things. Keying a phone and keying a car also has totally different connotations.
As many times as I've wanted to compare cars to phones, I restrain myself because few, if any, ever make the point that was intended when written. Totally different technology that is used in completely different ways, analogies are better left unwritten more often than not.
5. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
That's Apple for ya. They would sell a toothbrush with an Apple logo for $200.
6. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So will it replace the iPhone 5 or 5S?
(I know its the 5, but the article and title have mistakes...)
8. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
If it's free on a two-year contract people will eat this up.