Not likely to see any new Windows Phone devices at MWC 2014
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 01:09 posted on
It looks like we might not be seeing much of anything new on the Windows Phone front at MWC 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Liveitup (Posts: 1330; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Its actually a smart thing to do then start flooding the market with new devices from Build 2014 and beyond, why release new material now to just get drowned out by Samsung GS5?, HTC will suffer that fate to a certain degree.
3. tech2 (Posts: 2185; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Good point. I like the timing Nokia (Lumia 1020) chooses about July with is a pretty dry period for mobile releases and does not conflict with either Samsung or Apple.
Xperia Z and HTC One were successful to certain degree because of their timing. Releasing products with Samsung or Apple kinda affects your device to gain marketing traction
2. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
'Know Your Mobile' claims a Lumia 930 set for MWC.
4. Maxwell.R (Posts: 171; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
That report is based of a twitter feed that is still rather new to the scene. If the report is wrong, it's wrong. Microsoft will make a bigger splash at its own event in April than it will trying to upstage Samsung.
6. tigermcm (Posts: 729; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
psssssh i couldnt care less about hardware give me that update!!!!
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No more cartoon ux phones atleast for a month
13. jellmoo (Posts: 690; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
No, the Galaxy S5 is expected to be there.
8. Arsen (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I wanna see an International Version of the Lumia Icon even though it looks like a brick.
A 1520 specs in a 5inch phone is really a good thing.
9. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
+1 Arsen, I hope so. I'm looking into the next 1020 model
10. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
Bring on the next camera flagship Nokia!! Make me ditch my iphone for something more productive for my future macbook and tablet (Surface or ipad mini)
12. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
...WP is awesome?
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, yeah.. Of course WP is awesome.. You love it so much.. But, I was talking about how there won't be any new Lumia devices at MWC... Θ_Θ
16. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Hey rodneyej1, i was wondering what device you rock? xd I'm currently using a 920, Cyan ofcourse lol :p But i'm planning on buying the 1520 in white, i can't wait for it :( And it will be a hell of a pain to leave the 920 :(
15. shyguy3763 (Posts: 48; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
I'm not too happy about this,who's gonna wait till July to see new windows phones? I WANNA UPGRADE,NOW! :(