North Korea media reveals new "home grown" smartphone
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 13:05 posted on
Named after a popular Korean folk song, North Korea unveiled its "AS1201 Arirang" which is a smartphone that the propaganda factory in the country says is built using "indigenous technology"; considering that the Android OS is seen on the phone, we wonder just how home grown this device is. There is some speculation that the actual device is manufactured in China and then boxed in North Korea...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Wait till Apple hears about this; Coming soon, North Korean prison camp iPhone factory... Just when you thought labor couldn't get any cheaper. lol
3. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
A low quality budget phone and low spec. May be a low cost MediaTek processor. Made in China.
4. ibap (Posts: 738; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I like the idea that they've got tablets with school books on them. Can the government revise the history and political content on the fly?
7. CaoCiBai (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
This is no smartphone, it probably doesnt do what an Asha can do... Facebook, FourSquare, and even... Internet?
8. Penny (Posts: 1616; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Looks to be based on Android...quick, somebody hack it and disseminate the real internet!
12. gaby1451 (Posts: 113; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I bet it is so bloated with spyware... And you thought the NSA could tap into your phone.
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3654; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
looks like LG L series low-mid ranger.