Nokia's stock hits 16 year low after report of Lumia 900 problems and Q1 earnings
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2012, 10:48 posted on
You might know about the problems with the Nokia Lumia 900 and Nokia's $100 rebate that essentially makes the phone free through April 21st; add that to poor reported earnings and you have Nokia's stock dropping to a 16-year low on Wednesday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. phonton (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Nokia Lumia 900 must be expected to produce some good results in Q2. Come on Nokia make it to all big carriers so that it reaches more people. All the best! Want some good competition in US! Put an end to duopoly. People need more choices :)
10. Veigald (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Indeed. Cheap stock that has great prospect in a two year term. Hard to believe that stock brokers are some of the smartest people around when you see this reaction to what everyone should know.
3. ryq24 (Posts: 580; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
when i bought my N8, i had it replaced after only 3 days of use. my sister-in-law bought a C7 and had it replaced after 2 days. now, the problem with lumia 900 shows nokia have not learn its lesson. these never happen with htc desire s that i bought or the samsung galaxy w my sister bought.
8. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It was just your bad lack. I had/have 3 Nokia smartphones in last 2 years and they were/are all ok. My uncle got his iPhone 4S few weeks ago and had to replace it on second day.
18. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
We certainly had a few faulty n8 and C7 phones back to the shop and the lumia 800 hasn't proven to be without its own faults we have had several returns despite its low sales volumes
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1402; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yeah after Nokia said years ago that Americans were to dumb for smart phones I hope they barely make a dent in the American market.
6. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Nokia should've not gone exclusive to windows phone. They shouldn't have shut android out. Btw, the lumia 900 is one ugly phone.
11. Veigald (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Yeah, you just took the word out of everyone's mouth right there. Ugliest phone ever, no?
13. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I don't really like the looks of Lumia 900 too I bought a Samsung omnia 7, much happier!!
21. eyephone (banned) (Posts: 69; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
And it's to thick, and all plastic.... instead of
Steel or aluminium.... it should be slimmer!
9. FoneAddict (Posts: 213; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Not looking good for Nokia. How the Mighty have fallen.
I still can't believe why they partnered with Microsoft when Google's Android offers so much more.
I hope Nokia turn this around but as long as they stay with Microsoft I simply can't see how they can do this within such a constricted ecosystem that is Windows Mobile.
12. Wolves11 (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
The 900 is a ugly phone? wow, so you just called almost every major review critic a idiot! Because almost eveyone praised the phone design and look. But all are free to their opinion no doubt, but please if this phone is ugly, what phone do you find attractive?
14. Veigald (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Let me guess: ZTE Fury. That's a true marvel in the art of design :P
15. gharatnikhil (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
may be you liked the designs of the cheap plastic andro stuff
look at the marvel piece
i bet no one can give the lumia just only a one look
its a design on which one will stare and cheer!
So f**k off your design choice
no one cares what you like
16. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
After a storm, there is a calm. The comment on how the mighty have fallen is just hilarious! So people think nokia is going to fall? I don't think so
24. dangchitrung (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
You think people think No-kick is going to fall. IT IS at the bottom now but still digging down, dude. No, its not what we PEOPLE think. Its what we have seen.
17. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I find the Lumia to be a beautiful design....
25. BattleBrat (Posts: 1232; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I liked the design, but I found the HTC Titan to be better built, and had a better feel to it
19. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
@gharatnikhil, you mad because the lumia is ugly and it's a flop. Don't get mad at me woman. The phone is ugly plain and simple IMO. See dummy, IMO is the key.
23. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Nokia goes turtle steps why go for windows when android is more popular the lumia is nice but not to stay 2 years in contract
26. vgs21 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
One and ONLY option left for Nokia if it wants to compete and survive, "GO FOR ANDROID NOKIA & leave WIN OS".