Nokia's smartphonebetatest.com website now live, includes ads for the Nokia Lumia 900
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2012, 00:36 posted on
According to Nokia, anyone who used a smartphone prior to the the Nokia Lumia 900 was merely beta testing smartphones for Nokia so that the Finnish based manufacturer could bring you a model that doesn't have all of the flaws of earlier handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
2. cripton805 (Posts: 970; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I actually kinda agree. Nokia has fixed a lot of issues with their phone.
Like the screen glare issue, firmware issues, developer issues... maybe they listened to the customers.
16. KIANO (Posts: 68; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
Indeed. Nokia has listened and if continue so, they will do well in smartphone markets.
3. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Not that I underestimate Nokia's prowess and marketing strategy.......But doesn't the same ad make all other smart phones from Nokia itself (Like the N9,Lumia 800 etc) also beta (read "crap" from Nokia stand point) smart phones......
5. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
ummmm....the point is to sell THis PHone, as long as it works, why noT!
8. trumpet116 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
If you think about it, yes, they were. The N9 introduced the design for the 900 , but had doomed software. The 800 was a next step, but had battery problems and a Pentile screen. Now Nokia finally learned from its past and others' past devices.
6. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
The return of the king !!!! Nokia is back !!!!
18. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Yea another eflop..... NOKIA IS GOING down cause
29. TrainFromUkraine (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
That's no way to talk about your mother!
7. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Maybe the best add campaign ever !!! Excelent marketing !!!
Bravo Nokia !!!
11. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I think this marketing campaign will work. I think it's actually pretty clever. Come out the corner swinging. Let's see if this works. Speaking of this has anyone seen these ads on TV?
12. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
If Chris Parnell approves then I have to get the 900
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, beta phone, yet the latest from Android has a quad core, and aluminium unibody while the lumia is a single core plastic unibody.
Nokia and Microsoft are getting way too cocky way too fast. Their phones hardly even made a dent in the smartphone market and they're already making ads like this. At least when Samsung and Apple does it, it makes sense since they make up majority of the smartphone market.
23. rjmlive (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Quad core is experimental at the moment, as well as whatever version of Android that's out there. They've already announced the next 2 fragments..
15. phonton (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
There are quite a few friends of mine who have the phone pictured in the "death grip" ad .. :D They are damn freaking proud of their devices though it is one of the most faulty phones in the market. Whoa weighted heads :P lol
19. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well wait and see what the 900 await's....
Nokia it's time you join BlackBerry.... cause of Eflop
24. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You'r mind, and soul is
E X T I N C T
20. nghtwng68 (Posts: 81; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Love the 'Death Grip'(too funny with the thrown ball of paper) and the 'It's Over' spots.
Some guns blazing cool spots against the competition.
21. jack1059 (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Doesnt really say a lot when you simply bag the competition as a way to get ahead. Its a fine line youre walking saying everyone else (including your previous devices) are crap but now we're great......really. That said, clever marketing and well done for an ad. Almost at the mac vs pc level of marketing.
25. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Who is that girl!
Which such lovely eyes, smile!
What's her name!
Where is she!
Why my heart's going bom bom bom!
Would love to see that girl!
Wow i like that girl!
27. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1119; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
what I hope most is Nokia keeps improving their Windows smart phones The Nokia Lumia 800 had battery and camera problems and they made good and got rid of these problems. The Nokia 900 will probably have some bugs that Nokia will have to fix. I really believe Nokia will sure Americans get a good Nokia smart phone because failure is not an option at this stage of the game.
28. sonisoe (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 May 2009)
i love wp OS, unfortunately 3rd party apps that i use the most either dont work right yet or arent there or even native apps need some tweaks... so am switching back to android w/ htc one x...