Nokia's YouTube Video Uploader now available for non-GDR2 handsets
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2013, 23:34 posted on
Just because your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 hasn't yet received the GDR2 update doesn't mean that you don't have something interesting to post on YouTube; an update to Nokia's YouTube video uploader now allows those Lumia models that have yet to be updated, to upload a video to the streaming video site...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Thanks Nokia.. A must have app for people who uploads loads of fun videos ;)
11. akki20892 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia keep going like this, we know ms doing nothing.
3. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
But still , Youtube Uploader made by Nokia works while Youtube app by made Microsoft doesnt work .
I always feel like nokia is innovating but Microsoft people are at the office playing spider solitare
6. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Hopefully google doesn't break it like the MS app....
or maybe that's why it was released....
8. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
seems like the app was coded in HTML 5 Lol
7. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 854; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Why did MS they decide to have the search buttons on phones instead of the menu button? :'(
10. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Google please block this till Microsoft stops juicing money from Android oem's showing some stupid patents....
12. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
how benevolent of you
google doesnt make money from android
it makes it from ads
your proposition would only hurt millions of consumers
and here i thought android users followed googles mantra of do no evil
16. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Google makes a ton of money on ads on android devices.
Microsoft NEVER made money of wp8. Their mobile business is sustained on the money they juice from ANDROID oem's.
Do no evil doesn't apply on Microsoft and it's subsidiaries coz they survive being evil...
17. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
never made money???
are you drunk?
they SELL wp licenses to oems
i swear people dont even care about proper knowledge as long as it doesnt contradict their opinions
and you just confirmed what I said
google doesnt make money from android, it makes it from ads
that is why they are anti MS
because both windows 8 and wp block ads by default
that is why google refuses to support wp
they said it themselves
MS should overhaul their browser because it: blocks ads, blocks cookies, has do not track me turned on by default, etc
I see no point in this conversation seeing that you can confirm what i said yet at the same time saying that i'm wrong
19. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
You appear to be an idiot...
we are talking about approx 20mil wp8 phones sold over 3 years which is like 100 mil -150mil over the period of 3 years on licensing...
MS pays like 350mil per quarter to Nokia- to keep them away from Android...
i know it's a tricky question of which is greater for a KG dropout like you... but here is that answer 350 mil is greater than 150mil...
20. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
you didnt even bother to do any research
instead you just pulled numbers out of your arse
there are 6835million mobile phones worldwide of those 2035million are 3g capable
of those 3g capable around 900million are smartphones
android controls 80% of that, roughly 720million
wp has 3.3% of that, roughly 30million
MS charges as much as $35 for a wp license per device
MS subsidizes nokia 250mil per quarter(not 350)
so yes they did make a pfofit from wp(albeit a small one)
i back up my numbers with links.... refute the sources
13. Sauce (Posts: 1168; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Off topic, but why doesn't phone arena have a mobile app? Of all sites. Lol
18. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
they definitely need one....
free or paid it doesnt matter
come on PA
heed our call
21. digmarket (Posts: 11; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Nokia Lumia 520 is still a best phone in windows. Buy Nokia Lumia 520 and avail discounts. Compare and buy your Nokia Lumia 520 online and celebrate.