Nokia's PR2.0 update for Lumia models brings 'always-on' clock to the screen and more?
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 12:41 posted on
Nokia is allegedly working on a firmware update for its Windows Phone 8 powered Lumia phones and it apparently includes an optional clock that can be set to give you the time constantly; another new feature of the update, which has been named PR2.0, is the double tap to awake capability which was first seen on the Nokia N9...,
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
36. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Atleast they are not copying. Neither calling it innovation.
38. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
nice picture man.. they have great minds after all,not like others there no need to mention.. xD
2. papss (unregistered)
They have added so much extras since its release in Nov. I never owned a Nokia phone before my 920 but it will be hard to go to another manufacture after this phone
15. akki20892 (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
after catwalk announce, oh that's gorgeous one.....!!! Lol
37. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
ALL HAIL NOKIA!
Hope to see Nokia back in action!
39. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
what's with the down vote? im just wondering..
44. Dastrix (unregistered)
Mecha-unstable fAndroids who simply deplore their lives for non-existent NokiAndroids which would supposedly bring such awesome Nokia innovations to that particular platform, let alone the fact that their only apparent resort is Samsung, whose support for Android is pathetic.
45. Dastrix (unregistered)
Nokia's support is exceptional. Period.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Bring it on Nokia, bring it on!
5. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Maybe it will be just in time for EOS/Catwalk.
6. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Wow, the amount of features Nokia released for its version of WP8 seems to be much more than what WP8 offers on its own.
It's too bad Microsoft does not seem to know what to do with the OS like how Nokia does.
Microsoft should give up the WP8 rights to Nokia. They will make the OS much much better.
23. AAABall (unregistered)
Exactly. Nokia did release Nokia Drive for all, which was the right move for the platform.
40. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Microsoft should buy nokia.. problem solved.. xD
42. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3465; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If that happened, Nokia would be dead in a few weeks......
7. Apple6 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Android will litigate this!
It's belongs to Android!
11. aco96 (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
'always-on' clock belongs to Symbian and MeeGo. Looking forward to seeing it on WP.
P.S. My mum has ordered Lumia 620. Can't wait! :D
8. windroid (unregistered)
Sincerely, Nokia excels in hardware and software.
Thumbing down won't make your preferred OS any better :)
9. Apple6 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Still on dualcore and using 225GPU!
Nokia excels in using outdated old Hardware and Software!
10. windroid (unregistered)
:D ... so much butthurt...
You're scared your OS just collapse?
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you trolls new account
its the same load of bs you comment
13. Apple6 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
O now stating the real facts is bs! Why in so denial?
Weak negative post!
You are the troll!
You troll all users and fanboys on PA! Let alone you are a fanboy your self!
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your definitely Troll, your bs can be smelt miles away
time to get banned again, stop crawling back no one wants your crap on here
41. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
meh. the community speaks for themselves. and your red thumbs
20. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
because ur android can't run on dualcore smoothly.
My friends' S3 lags everytime. Based on fact.
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That double tap feature should be cool.
19. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
err the lumia 920 is using LCD instead of AMOLED, how is the "always on clock" going to work? all the rest of cheaper models will have it and not the flagship? wow thats kickass
31. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
For your information, Nokia's old symbian phones with LCD screen had this feature too.
22. AAABall (unregistered)
I hope some of these updates trickle down to the HTC 8x. Between Nokia exclusives, and Verizion holding back updates, I am feeling left behind.
24. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
You guys I have a question, what is the name of the upcoming Nokia monster phone which has the 41 megapixel. Is it EOS or Catwalk? am lil bit confused.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Great feature from the Meego!
I want Google to put it on Android for years now..well, now it's at least back on Nokia, and I approve
26. papss (unregistered)
This is going to be a great feature for me.. Will not need my power button as much, only when I restart my phone.
28. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
This only shows how good meego harmattan is supposed to be. Elop is already thinking that his decision is wrong for not continuing meego harmattan and bringing some functionalities on the windows phone. Sorry nokia but no windows phone for me until you change windows phone as you're main os. Maybe meltemi will do if you revive it.
30. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i just miss nokia N9 since it is mentioned here! nokia should continue it!! im not really liking the sailfish UI, i prefer the swipe UI of N9!
35. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3465; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I love this feature on my Nokia N9! Great to see it on Lumias!
43. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
This bulletin gives information for flashing
How to identify the issue:
When phone is set to test-mode, battery capasity (state of charge SoC) is written to 0 %. Because of this, in some cases the phone will not start up or if it starts the battery capacity is displayed wrongly.
How to Work-a-round the issue:
- Battery removal or 2-finger reset (hold down power and volume down buttons until the phone vibrates) after repair actions will return the correct SoC value
- Phone will automatically get correct value 20 min after start up
- PR2.0 sw will have correction.
NOTE: Flashing the phone will not remove the issue