Nokia’s Lumia 920 camera squares off against Samsung Galaxy S III in low light
0. phoneArena 22 Sep 2012, 02:32 posted on
Another video has surfaced of the Lumia 920 showing its camera prowess against the Samsung Galaxy S III, this time in low light...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Lumia 920 is a great phone..the only problem with it it's too heavy..I know it's because of the camera..but just saying..
31. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Eventhough Nokia have the best camera phone in the world but it will never replace stand alone camera because you replace your cell phone every 2 years due to cell phone hardwares and softwares upgrade it is useless after 2 years your cell phone worn down or break.
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ow comeon no one ever said that it is replacing cameras :\ stick with moblies will you
41. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
No one say you must replace it every 2 years
47. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
here's a more precise video about the Lumia 920.. video about the car is in here plus more features!!!
55. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
66. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
lol. u just have to paste it on youtube.com
49. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
no one says 2 years or so you should replace your phone. it wont get broken unless you are careless.. i own a 6 year old phone. yes it was 2006 when i bought my Sony Ericsson K310i, and using it today still working
89. cncrim (Posts: 549; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Look at Facebook and see what is the ratio share picture with camera vs mobile camera?
70. depeche (Posts: 61; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I thought the Lumia 900 was bad!
The 920 is heavier...
I want the best "camera" Windows phone out there
Hope to see more controlled comparisons with HTC, Nokia and Samsung; preferably with their mid-range as well as their Flagship devices.
75. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I want the best "camera" Windows phone out there"
Nokia Lumia 920! This year there won't be any Windows Phone with better camera than Nokia Lumia 920.
98. wp8forever (unregistered)
I remember when i first got my windows phone the htc hd7 ,i used too see all this comments about wp and i used to be one day one day we will be on top from software to hardware, noone saw that coming right well here it is call lumia 920 best smart phone on the planet best dysplay ,best camera,best build quality and best of all best software sharing core with windows 8 and supporting up to 64 core lol jesus all i can say .
102. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You are not the average customer who likes a sleek light weight phone, with manegable size with good materials and easy to use.... Besides Windows mobiles phone "SUCKS" at app selection and "Eco-system" & any OS with registry is Bogus.... First they ignore you then they ridicule you.
Rationalizm is big today in the iPhone 5 & S3 when some-one mentions the Lumia 920 not even any Windows phones can generate the same hype reaction.
104. wp8forever (unregistered)
The other day i made u look like and no retar do you still want me to do the same ?
113. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I have sensation XE which weights 151g and when I use it with one hand for along time when I'm in bed having a rest..I feel the weight..You can try it with your Optimus 3D.
114. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
True....but I changed my Optimus for a Lumia 710
3. Nahomjms (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Damn its good! And its only 8mp! does this mean its the best camera on a phone?
38. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
but the other specs hmm i dont know
bluetooth 3.1 -> fail!
39. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
actually, its bluetooth 4.0..
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nokia Lumia 920 has Bluetooth 3.1 not 4.0.
67. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
there's the link dude...
i have the evidence...
68. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Worthless evidence from third party site?
Here is my eidence from official Nokia's web page!
72. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
oh,, ok.. hihi..
u win... anyway... as long as it has blutooth, its fine with me...
73. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, Nokia Lumia 920 is a nice device. :)
79. rishabh876 (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Lumia 920 has got the bluetooth 4.0 certificate few days back only. Nokia will update there site in following days..
81. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Are you sure? Can we see a source? :)
86. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Ok, I have found official source which proves that it will have bluetooth 4.0. :)
Sad but, I was misled by the official Nokia's web page. :(
110. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well except for one phone the nokia 808
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yes.. its the best camera phone!! only problem is that it doesnt have looseless zooming like the 808 pureview.. but i think people wont mind... its because of its monstrous 41MP.. so im wishing to see that on lumia next year!!!
but even though 808 is the king of the camera phone lumia 920 outperformed it in low light! xenon cant handle no light properly!
82. sid07desai (Posts: 277; Member since: 03 May 2012)
So? Lumia has a better camera. That's all it has.
4. brucewayne (Posts: 29; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
its brilliant !! now this is the true power of lumia 920.
5. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
samsung galaxy s 3 was Owned!!!
nokia lumia 920.. ur my next phone!!!
weight issues? 185g isnt that heavy at all...
the weight only showed how the built quality is superb!
8. Seymur (unregistered)
you're just making yourself more happier with your own comment.
weight issues? pfft i'm muscular!
buy it and chill dude.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and it weight just showing that it cant be broken easily! coz of the polycarbonate body--you can scratch but wont destroy the beauty, it wont be seen.. unlike plastic!!
15. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Actually the heavier you are the harder you hit the ground.....
53. -box- (Posts: 3879; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Um, no, gravity on earth is a constant 9.33m/s. Only aerodynamics make a difference in fall times. A larger mass may make a larger impact and noise, but the rate is the same, providing other factors are equal.
56. -box- (Posts: 3879; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sorry, missed a /s above. Earth gravity = 9.33 m/s/s. And the aerodynamic thing of course precludes terminal velocity.
Sorry, early morning, just woke up, can't think fully yet
20. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
There are basically 3 reasons why the 920 is heavier than the competition:
1) The polycarbonate shell is very sturdy and rigid. It certainly weighs more than the shell for the HTC 8S.
2) The Li-ION battery weighs more than the LiPo technology used on the iPhone 5 and HTC 8S/X. However, the Li-ION has twice the life cycles of the LiPO, which should be noted given these devices all share sealed unibody constructions. It's expensive to change out a battery when it starts showing its age.
3) The 920 comes with an integrated wireless charging capability based on non-proprietary industry standards (+ USB 2.0 charging also). This too adds weight.
However, considering the upsides, 185g isn't a big issue for many.
97. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It's the other way around. Lithium Ion Polycarbonate batteries last longer than ordinairy Lithium Ion.
IMO the thing is decent, all that tech crammed inside and would run in the store to buy it IF it had Jelly Bean on it :)
99. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Lithium Ion Polycarbonate batteries last longer than ordinairy Lithium Ion."
There is no such thing like a "Lithium Ion Polycarbonate batteries". Polycarbonate is a kind of plastic. :)
105. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
LOL ...yeah didn't even see that. Damn.
EDIT: Lithium Ion Polymer :D Thanks.
106. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
I'm not a battery designer...just a nuclear engineer. But what I've read says otherwise:
109. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
They are both Lithium Ion batteries but the Lithium Ion Polymer battery is the evolution of it. It has more advantages and is newer technology.
9. torr310 (Posts: 452; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I couldn't believe it... both phones did better than digital camera...
10. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
All people know that Pureview is best camera in phones
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and the nokia lumia 920 win in terms of camera!!! you can really have the best of both worlds with 920!! a smart phone and a camera phone!!!
now i want it to be compare with the iPhone 5!!!
16. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i want to switch to lumia from GS2... =D
but i dont have enough money... LOL...
17. shashi.map (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Nokia got evry damn thing right with the camera.....the best 8MP camera out in the market.......WinPhone8,,Wireless charging,,Puremotion HD+ screen with synaptics tech.,,,this is truly a great phone......better than the Iphone5......and a tough competition to the droids
18. tiara6918 (Posts: 1543; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Truly impressive low light shots with the lumia 920, is there any other smartphone who can take better images than this?
46. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Yes!, and its the Nokia 808 PureView.. =D