Nokia's 2014 flagships claimed to be Lumia 1820 and Lumia 1525, great specs in tow
0. phoneArena 15 Jan 2014, 06:11 posted on
The handsets are said to be loaded, with the Lumia 1820 sporting a 5.2" 2K display, Snapdragon 805, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, and large 3400 mAh battery, as well as a camera with Nokia's post-shot focusing technology and Xenon flash. The design is said to be similar to the Lumia 928, which is certainly slimmer than the current flagships Lumia 1020. The other one seems to be an upgrade to Nokia's first phablet, the Lumia 1520, dubbed Lumia 1525, and will feature the same hardware specs and 2K screen resolution, but come with a 6" panel and 25 or 30 MP camera on the back, offering some sort of solar charging display panel, too...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
37. papss (Posts: 3429; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I went from the 920 to the 1020 then over to the note 3 then on to the G2 and now back to wp8 with the 1520
41. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Imossible. Because WP wont support 2k untill the others are working on 4k.
69. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
the screen code was completely changed. the size is up to the OEMS. a 4k screen is possible content will just be a bit pixely until the apps start to use higher quality images. that said 8.1 has many under the hood tweaks and full UHD support is possible.
42. Chakra (Posts: 116; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Prediction: These, or whatever these may be will be announced before the 929 for Verizon will be officially released. Verizon will demand an arm and a leg even AFTER these new models are released; then Verizon executive will scratch their heads, say, "I don't know why they won't sell", drop the price to a penny (in which it still won't sell because now it's just an old midrange phone), then proclaim WP8 is a failure.
45. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
If history is any indication, I'd expect exactly this.
44. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 791; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
For crying out loud Nokia, we've been through this before. PUT A MICRO-SD CARD SLOT ON ALL YOUR PHONES.
70. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
they take up a lot of internal room which is why they have been left out. I suspect future phones will start to have them though just because of the increased demand of the large cameras.
46. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Anybody else notice that "lytrocamera" was listed? Wouldn't have believed they would be ready with it yet...very intrigued.
47. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Lytro camera debuts on a T-Mo edition of the L1820, I might be adding service with T-Mo. I have given up hope of seeing a high end Lumia on VZW.
49. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, for those still waiting on the Lumia Icon for Verizon, it seems like this will be some disappointing news. Icon would have been high end if released in the right time frame, but Verizon always releases its higher end Lumias just before the next gen model is released on other carriers.
50. Jehovah (Posts: 59; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
I hope that the camera of the 1820 tops the 1020s IN EVERY aspect. I am so found of my 1020, I may find hard to justify another phone so soon.
53. 7thspaceman (Posts: 900; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks you might as well call these 2 smart phones Microsoft smart phones and they may get new names instead of Numbers when they get to the Market place. MS CEO Ballmer said that MS would use a different naming convention than Nokia uses for their devices. these smart phones will probably be Windows 8.1 OS smart phones with new functions People have been begging MS to have on Windows smart Phones
54. rkoforever90 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
i have high hopes on wp 8.1 and wp in 2014 with the merging of RT and wp platform , there seems a lot of potential.
56. masterofmix (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Hmm I think I'll keep the 920 for now and wait around for the lumia 2000
71. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its called the Hal 2000 it has an Intel chip set ;)
dysfunctional Cortina assistant comes standard.
64. CyberAngel (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Pelican Images! Yeah!
It could be much bigger though