Nokia working on an 8-inch tablet due in early 2014
1. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I wish Nokia hadn't been acquired by Microsoft. If not, we'd be seeing a real competitor to the iPad Mini 2 (in terms of hardware), powered by Kit Kat.
The strange thing is though, Nokia seems to be targeting the Surface tablets as its main competitors, even when they're already part of Microsoft.
2. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
They have not been acquired by Microsoft yet, they still need approval from Nokia shareholders this month.
Watch this space.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I hope they don't get acquired. I'd love to see a Nokia Android phone sometime.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Here is Nokia Android. Look at my profile picture.
6. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
We heard that rumor about Nokia testing android, so if shareholders not approve the deal we could see Nokia with Android. And that's my words.
7. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Highly doubt that's gonna happen. Microsoft (Elop) wouldn't allow it.
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
dude your pathetic....worshipping one OS like its king....its laughable!
4. brrunopt (Posts: 589; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
So, you think when Microsoft is the official owner of the device division that they will just stop everything they are making the make completely different devices ???
8. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
No, but I wouldn't expect Nokia to target its partner. I thought they would have advertised their product against Android, or iPhones.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I knew I'd see you here jumping on one of the key words I listed.. SMH
13. Alex123 (Posts: 232; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I hope Nokia does not leave its customers alone. If you really want to be king again, i think it is not too difficult for you at all. Just making both WP and Android...
15. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
why do every one has to go with android? don't you have enough tablet/phone selections from many oem's? its a big loss for nokia if they make android device. they have maps and music subidaries and they can't use it on android device. so don't ask nokia android device. and WP is pretty neat OS. if you don't like it u don't have to use.
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
RT8.1..... how much will they price it? 300? there's already a respectable windows 8 with same price running bay trail processor that can run full windows app! nokia should just use that instead...then again... its micronokia now!
14. Gaurav008 (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Guys, Did you read about Nokita's bid to rival Microsoft's bid to buy out Nokia? They have just two weeks to do so though and gather the funds.