Nokia working on 10 inch Windows RT tablet to be displayed at MWC 2013
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2012, 00:58 posted on
Nokia is resuming the development of a 10 inch tablet to be powered by Windows RT, which will be introduced in Barcelona this February during MWC 2013; according to industry sources, Nokia stopped work on the device when the Microsoft Surface tablet was announced, and decided to concentrate on smartphones instead...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh, my... Nokia, you naughty boy.
There's something big after all.
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
love this news!!!
but i like for nokai to make a 8" (like ipad mini's size and portablity like a 7" android) and also a 10"!!!
this will really make Windows RT sales rise!! especially made by nokia!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Make sure it's not heavy, carrying an iPad is like carrying a big size baby... If Nokia manage did that, I'll totally switch to you :)
and make sure it is as sturdy as surface :)
4. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Expect a solid and a good performance because it is Nokia, and we know what Nokia can do with their products
5. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
windows rt..... noooooo at least make it windows 8
6. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
oh snap *backs out of surface order* looks like I'll be saving my money! When is MWC????
8. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
"The unnamed Nokia tablet is expected to be introduced in February at Barcelona during MWC 2013" Says the article :)
7. jameshoe (unregistered)
wish it is one of the Lumia family
9. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
it will definitely look Lumia-ish like this:
or something like this:
when it comes out, I'll be first in line
11. jameshoe (unregistered)
it seen like slim and vivid
12. temodumbadze (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
the first picture is great,i wish it really looked like this
16. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i agree. that first link looks really nice. i wonder if they will add their pureview camera to it?
13. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nokia has already let slip 2 of it's Prototype designs and they look very good to me. but I think they should build a windows 8 tablet also because they have an Eco system of thousands upon thousands of PC Desktop/Laptop Business, Educational, PC games, and Web based TV, Movies, and Windows 8 Apps that are already available. A windows RT device may be cheaper to build but the windows 8 Tablets have the bigger ECO system .
14. jibraihimi (Posts: 750; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Ooh woow........ Now I will wait for this..... First day purchase for me....... But will it have Pureview 1/2......?????
22. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
do you really want a pureview on a tablet?!
but yeah.. that would be nice!!!
15. wp7tribes (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
they should make two tablets 1 with 7 or 8 inch windows rt "windows blue" and 1 with 10 inch windows 8 tablet i hope they do it
21. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i mean manufacturer can squeeze the resolution restriction to 7/8" right? like HTC DNA with 1080p screen!!!
that would be a perfect size!!
hoping that microsoft will let the windows blue out soon so that nokia can start making with a hand friendly tablet!
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
maybe microsoft let nokia make one coz they cant eat apple's and even android's (nexus) shares!!