Nokia willing to "consider any option" for a tablet OS
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2013, 07:18 posted on
We've been waiting for quite some time for a tablet made by Nokia, but the ex-biggest cell phone manufacturer hasn't answered our prayers yet. They are so cruel! Anyways, there have been a number of rumors pointing at an incoming Nokia tablet, and while we're yet to see such a device be announced, we're happy to report that today we've seen what's probably the most obvious indication that such a device is indeed coming...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Just do the same for phones. Make Sailfish and Windows phones.
11. Mittal (Posts: 425; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
it really will be extremely embarrassing for Nokia to use Sailfish....
lol id love to see that
3. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 145; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I agree that they should go with Windows to make all their products integrated and less fragmented.
10. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I think they should make Android phones and Windows tablets. You have 2 top contenders for phones and many more for tablets. Plus, there really isn't a good Windows 8 tablet per value on the market yet.
25. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I agree, MS Surface isn't really the best tablet on the market right now. Although its specs are not impressive, it's also the first Windows RT tablet. I think that Nokia is trying to capitalize on the Surface's strengths and weaknesses and hopes to have have an integrated consumer experience by releasing a Windows-powered tablet, as opposed to an Android tablet for now. But anything's possible. Regardless, it'll be much better than the Surface.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
its better for them to bring high end phones to regain their past position in mobile market. their product variety in phone market is low now and if they stick to producing tablets ( specially with windows OS) they'll loose their concentration on mobile part.
7. pookiewood (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
You are joking right? There are so many Lumias in different sizes and geared at different buyers right now it makes my head spin. The tablet market makes sense especially if they hit the 7" market. That would be great for Nokia.
15. emadshiny (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
please read first and then comment. look at what i said: "high end phones". now the only high end phone is L920 and it is about a year old. every company is introducing its 2013 flagship and it is not good for Nokia to show no reaction.
18. pookiewood (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Ehh MWC. ;) I don't think Nokia has been sitting around doing nothing with their latest winnings.
22. emadshiny (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i wish what you say about MWC be true but if there were something important, be sure that there were some leaks like M7 or Sammy's tablets.
33. papss (Posts: 2847; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You mean like this?
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
A lumia tab maybe?It would be great along with a lumia 920
6. pookiewood (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Windows RT, 7inch, Please? Come on Nokia! That is a great screen size and it would put Windows in a good price range finally.
8. aayupanday (Posts: 285; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They said something identical a few months ago...
9. schinnak (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmm...how many of you think that the title is slightly mis-leading? He (Elop) has spoken only about windows in all his above statements and has not indicated other options or platforms.
12. pongkie (Posts: 491; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
don't make Windows RT Nokia. Make Windows 8 or Android
14. pookiewood (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
10.1" plus Windows Pro, 8.5" and under Windows RT for us who just want a tablet to play games and browse the Web. I have Windows 8 Pro on my Laptop for .exe action.
20. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
No android W8 will the real host for Nokia's upcoming Ghost...(For Droids)..
13. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
A 7 inch tablet with PureView 1+2 would be a fantastic re-entry device for Nokia in this market. The larger camera sensor would be less obtrusive on this larger device and it would certainly differentiate it from the rest of the crowd. That, plus the PureMotion HD+ screen with CBD. Throw in wireless charging, MicroSD expansion and a HD WideAngle FFC for good measure.
17. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
your predicted specs sheet is smart enough for any device and only nokia can make it possible... +1 for this.. and of curse W8 or WP8 powered....
19. N-fanboy (Posts: 443; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Imagine a 7' tablet with the L920's charms and fatures.
23. 7thspaceman (Posts: 834; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nokia is now making profits on sales of their phones. I am a windows phone fan but have felt that if Nokia could afford it that Nokia should make Android smart phones and tablets.
If Does make a Windows tablet it should be at least an Atom powered Windows 8 Tablet.
The Windows RT OS surface Tablets may not be selling as well as the Tablets running Windows 8 OS. Since Nokia can only afford to commit a limited amount of funds to Selling Tablets Windows 8 OS Tablets are the Safe bet to make because it can run old Windows
software as well as the new " Modern User interface" touch screen only Apps.
24. SIGPRO (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Hope they will not use Android, but i have a feeling that they might make a nexus phone!
Hope they can use Meego for the tablet that would be awsome!
But if they made a Windows tablet i would buy it.
26. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I can already imagine:
PureView camera, PureMotion HD+ and ClearBlack display, Qi... what else?
36. amansingal14 (Posts: 272; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I can already see Windows Blue package which makes Windows compatible with 7 inch tablets...
34. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
lol on this one Ray S. "They are so cruel!"
35. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Nokia Tablets? I wish they could make a tough tablet like their phones and it is have a android os >.<
38. Deacon_Jo (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I might sound outrageous , and this is probably at Best a long-shot Dream ,, but Imagine with me guys, just Imagine ! ...hitting us with an all New OS , NOKIA OS.. which Nokia has been working on secretly for a Long time ... a Mind-Blowing OS which will steal all attention .. I mean Nokia has done it before right ? with the 41-MP camera announcement ,, and as we all know ; Nokia is definitely not a stranger from the (( Top Innovations )) territory....
so ya.. there You have it
am gonna keep my fingers crossed .