Nokia will livestream the 41 MP Lumia EOS launch event in New York on July 11th
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2013, 06:58 posted on
Nokia's July 11 launch event for the 41 MP EOS cameraphone will be broadcast live for the world to see, the company told us, even if you can't be present for the festivities in New York. The phone will eventually mark the arrival of the best camera-centric handset with a modern mobile operating system, and, as Nokia improved significantly its PureView Stage 2 technology from the Lumia 920 to the 925, adding a sixth lens, we expect the same to be done with the transition from the 808 PureView to the Nokia Lumia EOS aka Elvis aka 1020 as well. The event will be streamed live at the official Nokia Conversations blog, so we'll remind you when the date nears to tune in for the coverage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yep, i guess in eos we will see 8 or 10 lens.....maybe?
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 381; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Nokia Lumia EOS,the beast incarnate coming to beat the android dwarfs.
14. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
a camera ... lol...... ask nokia to make pureview android... u ll see WP RIP
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Awesome! Can't wait for the EOS (or 1020) camera. But on the other fronts I suspect it's still the same old 920 hardware... Give us HDMI out, USB 3.0 and more new stuff Nokia! (and MS). Also, I hope for some improvements over the PureView 808. An identical unit as 808 on WP platform is not going to be called innovation. OIS on 41MP will be a bliss!!
If WP wants success, whether required or not just throw in the latest chips. WP needs less resources means it'll utlize lesser percentage of powerful chips. Powerful chips are built to eat less power for more work. So battery efficiency, heating properties would be awesome. Also I'm pretty sure that Devs will be able to write awesome games and such.
4. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
And I'm sure new WP8 hardware is coming, but not until fall. Then we'll see some truly beastly all around Lumiae, replete with Snapdragon 800s and maybe even 1080 screens. Until then, the EOS will be king.
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Haha! Now I know the plural of 'Lumia'!
23. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Heheh. I'm a scientist with two linguist parents. I work with formulae and data (always a plural!), so to me the plural of Lumia is Lumiae, but the plural of Nexus is Nexus.
5. Gemmol (Posts: 780; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
depending on what they show I may switch from the Note to EOS but I want the tablet version, if they cannot do it, then I will think about Sony Xperia Z Ultra,,,,,,,every other phone do not see that phone they not on the same eye level
6. SIGPRO (Posts: 1203; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
There will be 2 versions of the EOS, 1 polycarbonate with 768 x 1280 pixels and dual core processor.
The other one will have alu body and 1080p screen with a quadcore processor which will come later this year.
Nokia is limited by MS because WP does not support 1080p and quadcore etc etc.
Nokia is waiting for MS to release the GDR3 update which will support tons of more stuff.
But maybe they will introduce the Full HD EOS out of the box next month!
15. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
There is a chance that it has s800 and 1080p. But because gdr2 has only just arrived, and it's the gdr3 we need for that to happen, I'd say that chance is about 1%.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3583; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think leaked pictures shouldn't be allowed. Maybe some kind of rules be set about the image leaks?
That i already know how it will look like, the surprise and excitement factor is not tingling anyhow.
8. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Nokia should wait for 1080p, snapdragon 800 and stereo audio recording or this is gonna go unnoticed.
9. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I'm pretty sure it would be a quad core. For starter, 1020 is 4 digit. While 928 (Latest Lumia) is on 3 digit.. Jumping higher on the model number may be something new. Believe me.. :)
17. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
4 digits have nothing to do with quad core.
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they name it 1020 because they have put 41MP. something unique that's why.
20. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I don't believe you. I think you want it to be a quad core and are ignoring all the leaks and facts as we know them. They picked 1020 for one reason only: it's the next step up in the Nokia numbering system from 920. It is a 920 with a 41 MP camera. That is all.
27. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
11. mottykels (Posts: 377; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I dont expect more on nokia because they always say exagerated word / praises
12. rsiders (Posts: 816; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Guess I'll have to watch it when I get off from work that day.
13. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
waiting curiously. BRING IT ONN!!!!
16. LPDDR3 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
More than 41 million reasons not to buy this product
26. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
3) Its a crappy windows phone that lags and the fanboys lie it doesn't.
28. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
why should it lag? it doesn't do much lol