Nokia wants to cut your cords, gives boost to wireless charging
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Sep 2012, 10:56
One of the coolest announcements made by the Nokia executive team today was that the company will do all it can to boost the adoption of wireless charging...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AndroidShiz posted on 05 Sep 2012, 11:15 0
Ok. The Phones look worth a gander. So they better come with cases that can charge through. I'll never be one of those people who owns a high end phone and walks around with no case.
3. arsenaljimenez posted on 05 Sep 2012, 11:35 1
I think they said that even the back is almost impossible to scratch, so whats the point of the case, besides covering up the beautiful phone :P
5. haseebzahid posted on 05 Sep 2012, 11:54 0
good point last lumia800 pouch is way to thick and sticky to phone doesnt lets it go once its on next time they should also do some RND on thin layer pouch :P
2. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 05 Sep 2012, 11:29 0
I think still Wireless Charging is a gimmick....
my personal point of view i don't prefer it
6. kartik4u98 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 13:03 0
''Nokia wants to curt your CORDS''
Think the other way.!! cords!!
7. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 20:08 0
I don't see it wireless charging. you're putting the phone on top of the charge pad and the pad must be plug in even though it's still using less wires
8. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 05 Sep 2012, 22:32 0
nokia is just amazing these days.. hope people will love them again like i love nokia forever!!!
9. Raptor9142 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 23:53 0
and where did the wire got removed?
Technically its the same, the difference is that u dont contact the wire with phone directly, instead u put the phone on a platform which can not be moved, also u wont be able to use the while its charging, coz if u wana use it u hve to pick it with dock which will be very irritating.
Thats only a new way of charging,
nothing is changed, but its a bit worse as u will hve troubles using phone while charging.
10. bikingpadres posted on 08 Sep 2012, 21:40 0
The only wireless charger that makes sense to me is the speaker because although you still have the cord for speaker you at least have your phone playing music wirelessly (Bluetooth?) which you got to admit is pretty cool