Nokia wants to cut your cords, gives boost to wireless charging
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 10:56 posted on
One of the coolest announcements made by the Nokia executive team today was that the company will do all it can to boost the adoption of wireless charging...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Ok. The Phones look worth a gander. So they better come with cases that can charge through. I'll never be one of those people who owns a high end phone and walks around with no case.
3. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I think they said that even the back is almost impossible to scratch, so whats the point of the case, besides covering up the beautiful phone :P
5. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
good point last lumia800 pouch is way to thick and sticky to phone doesnt lets it go once its on next time they should also do some RND on thin layer pouch :P
2. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I think still Wireless Charging is a gimmick....
my personal point of view i don't prefer it
6. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
''Nokia wants to curt your CORDS''
Think the other way.!! cords!!
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6878; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't see it wireless charging. you're putting the phone on top of the charge pad and the pad must be plug in even though it's still using less wires
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
nokia is just amazing these days.. hope people will love them again like i love nokia forever!!!
9. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
and where did the wire got removed?
Technically its the same, the difference is that u dont contact the wire with phone directly, instead u put the phone on a platform which can not be moved, also u wont be able to use the while its charging, coz if u wana use it u hve to pick it with dock which will be very irritating.
Thats only a new way of charging,
nothing is changed, but its a bit worse as u will hve troubles using phone while charging.
10. bikingpadres (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
The only wireless charger that makes sense to me is the speaker because although you still have the cord for speaker you at least have your phone playing music wirelessly (Bluetooth?) which you got to admit is pretty cool