Nokia wants the HTC One and other HTC devices banned from the UK
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2013, 06:45 posted on
Nokia has secured yet another win in its latest round of patent disputes with HTC...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Oh dear Nokia!! Stop patenting and start trying to claw some ground on android or iOS because we all know you have a long way to go! Besides these terms are ridiculous Nokia you have lost your mind!!!
5. alterecho (Posts: 721; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Its Microsoft's doing. As far as i've been concerning myself with these kind of news, Nokia hasn't trolled its patents before.
This, people, is just a preview of what will happen when Microsoft buys Nokia.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 867; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But this is what happens when you have these dinosaurs like Apple and MS owning thousands of patents for only one purpose, to crush all competition. They didn't sue Android at all until it became prominent. But only HTC can be killed because they're small. Everyone else has their own prehistoric patent collection.
12. Ninetysix (Posts: 1009; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Where is Apple in that graph?
8. jiezel91 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
So true... Most of Nokia's quality patents were filed long before Nokia became a Microsoft puppet and it is just recently, when Elop took over the helm, that Nokia became more assertive about their patents.
14. mousesports (Posts: 202; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Doesent matter who is doing ... If NOKIA have right just do it .. Thats all ... ofcourse all trolls will come here to pst tard things ... we dont care !!!! SO DO IT NOKIA .
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
M$ will have no control over Patents ... they are going to be licensed to M$ on non-exclusive basis and not "SOLD".
20. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
1 not it's not Microsoft
2 patent trolling is when you sue someone over round corners
they're sueing htc over a legitimate piece of technology that htc doesn't wanna pay loyalties for
10. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
When Big DOGS like SAMSUNG and APPLES fight each other in the court room, is quite understandable. They already have huge customer base. When presently struggling NOKIA and ill fated HTC fight each other, I keep asking if that's their way forward.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOKIA STOP BEING A BYTCH like M$ you're going to ruin your imgage with this B.S. getting very sick and tired of this PATENT TROLLING crap. U Don't have a RIGHT to tell a CONSUMER what not to buy NOKIA.
21. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
make a valid argument and come back you don't even know what patent trolling is lol
2. Reality_Check (Posts: 204; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
The component is manufactured by Qualcomm and HTC bought it from them. I really don't see the logic in here. It's just like when Steve Jobs decided to make Android obsolete and instead of going after Google, he went after OEMs manufacturing Android devices :S
9. Finalflash (Posts: 867; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They can't sue Google or they risk bigger problems such as removal of Google services from their platforms. Also, Google has nothing to do with Android on other platforms. They do not implement it directly and neither do they use any of Apple innovative rubber banding in AOSP. So those that implement those amazing features have to be fought in this case, it is HTC.
19. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I've stopped using all of google's services, so it is possible (Note, I still have a gmail account, but it's only used to remain anonymous on forums like this)
4. hboy857 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
I like Nokia but i have to say this is hypocritical. Qualcomm is the who infringe Nokia's patent not HTC, they just bought their processor and here is the main hypocritical part: Nokia had signed an agreement in the US not to sue Qualcomm over the matter.
7. rawbow (Posts: 394; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They all fear what HTC can be with their amazing phones and UI( not talking camera here)
13. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well here htc is at wrong....thats wat patents are for.....suing who copies
11. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
What i don't like about phonearena
1) biased articles
2) too many fanboys
17. edrich (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I don't understand why people are raging against Nokia for this. They patented the technology, others have to pay fees to use it, or they are stealing from Nokia. Nokia invented and paid for this, and anyone who designs or builds a device is supposed to check this before releasing a product. No fault of Nokia, they are protecting their intellectual property. You'd do the same if it was your hard work. It's not about who's where in the market at the moment, what's right is right.
23. ngo2dd (Posts: 753; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Because Nokia is going after a company that did not make the chip. Qualcomm is the one using the patient. Not HTC. Why not go after Qualcomm? Or LG, Samsung, Sony? They all use Qualcomm chips. Dude use some logic
24. edrich (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
It says "devices using certain chips from Qualcomm and Broadcom"
Who's to say Samsung and Sony use the exact same chips? Also, Nokia has open litigation against HTC, of course they would add to that if more infringements are found. They've already won cases vs HTC which shows HTC has infringed and is in the wrong.
22. Trex95 (Posts: 499; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Nokia sues HTC cause of Boom sound patent. Boom sound introduced by Nokia first time in 808 PV then HTC one beats PV 808 at still night shoot without flash i think this the second reason why Nokia going mad about HTC one.